heather_leighmuacademy

Plinth lighting... yes or no?

Heather W
6 år sedan
Is plinth lighting useful or is it just a waste of money? Does anyone love theirs or wish they hadn’t bothered? Does it look elegant or is it just another gimmick? Vote yes for plinth lighting or no against it.
No
Yes

Kommentarer (18)

• Chloe Edwards
    6 år sedan
    love it! we've just put in a new kitchen and will be having plinth LEDs plus along the underneath of the work tops. gives your kitchen more wow!
  • embzop
    6 år sedan

I voted no. I put LED strip lighting in the conservatory under the dwarf wall's window sill. It looked great but was utterly useful and the wow factor wore off very quickly. I could have spent the money more usefully elsewhere.

• PRO
    John Cullen Lighting
    6 år sedan

Yes, but not this way. Here you'll find some information on how to do it right: http://bit.ly/2mh5asq

Let us know if you need any help.

Good luck with your project.

• Sam Potter
    6 år sedan
    Ugh. No, unless you are looking to impress 16yr old boys.
  • Heather W
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Haha that made me laugh!! My son is 5 maybe he would love them. We’re still undecided at the moment but thanks for the comments.
  • Sam Potter
    6 år sedan
    Having trashed plinth lighting I am keen on getting lights down the side of my Victorian staircase. There is a weird trough between the bannister and the wall (just visible in my selfie) which is begging to have lights in it. What do people think? And how should it be controlled? On a separate switch or linked to the hall light? And should I go for separate uplighters or a rope? I couldn't find a pic of the kind of stairs I've got with lights. Which might be a sign it's not the done thing.
  • Heather W
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    I love stair lightning this is something we’ll definitely be getting eventually. How about this?
  • Ellie
    6 år sedan
    No thanks,
  • PRO
    Gnk Interiors
    6 år sedan

Plinth lighting is fine but I always recommend this type of light is put on a sensor so as to light the room gently in the evening when getting a drink for e.g. Like has been mentioned feature lighting on a switch won't be used after the first few weeks

• Sonia
    6 år sedan
    The most pointless lighting ever.
  • Sam Potter
    6 år sedan
    GNK Interiors would you say the same is true of stair lights? ie that they should be on a sensor? Or would it be good to have em on the switch which also controls the hallway pendant?
  • PRO
    Gnk Interiors
    6 år sedan

All lights sensor controlled or not must have switch for isolation. And yes we regularly fit sensors in hallways and landings from the existing switched supply. Just leave the switch on and let the sensor do the work

• Sam Potter
    6 år sedan
    thanks GNK Interiors!
  • Rose Williams
    6 år sedan

I have under my kitchen cabinets lit green permanently. It's a £5 -£10 max waterproof RGB strip fitted with a glue gun, has a remote control. I just made sure there was a low socket in the right place when I re-wired the kitchen.... people think it cost a fortune to have done.

• Sam Potter
    6 år sedan
    Rose Williams I love a hack! I'll totally go for this if the electrician agrees. Midway through full rewire so there's an opportunity.
  • heidihart2000
    6 år sedan
    Unless you sweep a lot then no!
  • PRO
    Colville Design Ltd
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Hi there,

Are you still looking for some advice?

Where would you like to use this lighting? If it is for kitchen, I would advice to have plinth lighting under the cabinet instead, it will be much more useful as an alternative lighting.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.