45heatherwood

Window glass tint

Love your designs! Homes are gorgeous. Question about windows. Just had my Marvin Integrity Low-E3 windows delivered. Glass looks dark and greenish. Have you experienced this? Windows of this home appear dark, too. Thanks!
Farmhouse revival · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Gulfshore Design
    6 år sedan

That is odd. Are you sure the color isn't being picked up by your surroundings? Most all window come with Low-E3 as the default. Check your specs and call the local Marvin rep. They are often more than willing to come to your house and talk with you. The only way to get a true historical clear look is to order single glazed (which is horrible insulation quality) and specify clear plate glass. People have ordered this before and it is super clear and the view from the exterior is pretty cool as you can't even see the glass, but condensation and heat loss will be an issue. Double pane insulated glass is tough to make perfectly transparent because you have two shiny surfaces about 1/2" apart reflecting against each other. Are you separation bars between the glass silver (raw metal) or bronze?

• Mack - Heatherwood House
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    Thanks for the quick response! We are now required in our jurisdiction to have energy efficient windows - mandated under the Building Code. Calculations were done by our designer to get the U-factor. I'm sure we'll like the efficiency but I feel we sacrificed in design. Windows have SDLs - black Ultrex outside, painted wood inside. Even the stickers on the inside of the windows look green when looking in (!). Just getting ready to install - will have to see if that helps. Again - you should be proud of your homes. I admire them!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.