emma_pelly

Any recommendations for kitchen companies offering mid-range kitchens

Emma Pelly
6 år sedan

I am starting to research kitchens for a property project - we plan to live there for 5 years and then possibly rent the house out after that - so do not want to go too mad on the cost of the kitchen. Does anyone have any recommendations for kitchen suppliers? Which are the ones that offer best value for money and good design ideas? Are there any to avoid? Kitchen will be going across the back of the house, with open plan dinning room and living room (closed off with pocket doors at night), coming off it at a right angle (so basically large L-shaped room.

Kommentarer (19)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    6 år sedan
    We design lots of kitchens for people buying from them!
    Emma Pelly thanked OnePlan
  • Sarah
    6 år sedan
    Our kitchen is from Howdens and I'm really happy with the quality/cost balance. They have showrooms and designers who visit your home. They sell to trade so once you know what you want from them you find a kitchen fitter (they may also be able to give you some numbers) and purhase through them
    Emma Pelly thanked Sarah
  • Jonathan
    6 år sedan
    It depends what you think is mid range.
    If you have the budget to go to Magnet (which I think is mid range) then you should go to an independent kitchen showroom for better value and design. I like the Leicht brand for contemporary kitchens
    Emma Pelly thanked Jonathan
  • PRO
    Danmar Kitchens & Interiors
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

We manufacture a contract kitchen style for mid range costings suiting builders , and supply only. As Jonathan said you can get a better quality and suit your budget, also custom paint to suit any colour

Emma Pelly thanked Danmar Kitchens & Interiors
  • Daisy England
    6 år sedan
    Where are you based?
  • PRO
    Danmar Kitchens & Interiors
    6 år sedan
    We are based southeast , if you would like to email us then se. What we can do for you as delivery isn’t a problem or sending off samples direct
    Emma Pelly thanked Danmar Kitchens & Interiors
  • Emma Pelly
    Författare
    6 år sedan

Hello Daisy England - we are in the Southeast - near to Bishop's Stortford

• PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    6 år sedan

Hello Emma,

Are you still looking for such a company?

I think you may want to see our Kitchen Splashbacks site

Recently we got an exclusive license for Italian styled kitchen manufacture and installation. Have a look on the catalogue here.

We guarantee you that you will not get a better quote as we manufacture all of the materials by ourselves. Top-tier quality is maintained thanks to GEN5 print head.

Give us a call at +44 20 3870 3574 if you are interested :)

Emma Pelly thanked SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
  • Daisy England
    6 år sedan
    I'd look at independent retailers. Personally I've never been impressed with Magnet (they put in lots of fillers), B&Q are standard everything and Howdens sell only to the trade, have limited stock and their worktops are poor quality. Just because other companies are small and independent doesn't make them any more expensive and their customer service is normally good.
    Emma Pelly thanked Daisy England
  • kikiamack
    6 år sedan
    Try John Damian in Sawbridgeworth. Their showroom is down in the Maltings.
    Emma Pelly thanked kikiamack
  • PRO
    Solid Furniture Design
    6 år sedan

Good evening Emma Pelly, I'm Sure our team could help you! Please do not hesitate to contact us for a no obligation quote!.

Kind Regards,

A&S Kitchen Wardrobe

Emma Pelly thanked Solid Furniture Design
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    6 år sedan
    The simplest way is to shop around with one plan so you can compare like for like. So work out the layout either yourself or with an independent pro like us. Then email or drop your plans and item list into all the showrooms that offer the look you are after.

That way you are giving the retailers/trade counter/online shop what they need to price it. You won’t feel beholden to any particular showroom who you may have asked to spend time designing for you and you don’t waste ( yours and their) time with different planners/sales people from lots of places who each want to come and measure up etc .

It’s fairer all round and should enable you to negotiate the best deals.

Click on my icon or name to see some examples on our pro page - and some client reviews !
    Emma Pelly thanked OnePlan
  • choppy39
    6 år sedan

JJO make good quality flat pack cabinets and doors for DIY or installation. They also provide an Eco range which is their entry level basic, Definitely try to see one before purchasing from Magnet or Howdens.

Emma Pelly thanked choppy39
  • Jonathan
    6 år sedan
    Have you got to the point where you know how much you want to spend as this may give people a better idea of what you need.
    You should bear in mind that you should add up to £3k for fitting, up to £5k for quality worksurfaces, and if you buy midrange appliances you may well spend another £4-6k
    Emma Pelly thanked Jonathan
  • PRO
    Solid Furniture Design
    6 år sedan

Hi Jonathan, Agree. Our bespoke kitchens starts at 9.5k. This include: Consultation, Design, manufacturing the kitchen, stone worktop, splashback and professional fitting. However, this can price can even tripe, depending on spec of the kitchens. We also recommend our clients to state the budget as it prevents misunderstandings.

Custom Kitchen · Mer info

Kind Regards,

A&S Kitchen Wardrobe

Emma Pelly thanked Solid Furniture Design
  • PRO
    SUN STUDIO.London - Glassworks and Prints
    6 år sedan
    Would you have some plans or drawings and what were you thinking roughly for cabinets, appliances, Worktop and splashback - we are small business and can give you and idea of the price in mid range pretty quick, feel free to call any time to discuss 07714259695 or during the week to our office number in profile.
  • Laura Thomas
    6 år sedan
    Magnet now supply to independent showrooms.
  • Claudia Harflett
    6 år sedan
    We used DIY-kitchens.com too to save money. We really were able to maximise the usable space in our kitchen. We did design and fit it ourselves too and all has worked out great!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.