hb4108

How are the pantry doors bracketed together so they open as one door?

Heather Snitil
6 år sedan
Compact San Francisco Condo - Designed By Marielle Lopez · Mer info

Kommentarer (5)

• Deborah B.
    6 år sedan
    Ours aren't quite the same but this is what our carpenter did for our walk in pantry. When I saw your post I had to go and look because I didn't remember how he connected them.
  • PRO
    Brass Key Interiors
    5 år sedan

Hi Heather! I ordered the cabinets from KitchenCraft through Gilman's Kitchens in San Francisco. The cabinet manufacturer had an option that specified having the doors "pegged" at the factory. I believe that means that a wooden dowel in drilled into the top and bottom of the doors making a clean look. Here are some mentions of the process from cabinet makers:

"Hafele has barbed connector pins and spacers - 267.23.900/267.23.093. They work, but it’s not a very solid/rigid connection - spacing them a few inches apart might help with that."

"We use dowels and an edge boring jig. It’s stronger than a biscuit and quick and accurate (3/8" dowel 2" long). We usually stain it the same color as the doors when there is an intentional door reveal. We will also use a spline that is continuous and stained as well. We use a biscuit machine to cut the spline slot in each door, join together, leaving the appropriate reveal."

• PRO
    Brass Key Interiors
    5 år sedan

Thank you for your great DIY idea too Deborah B.

• cfourmont
    5 år sedan

How deep is the cupboard?

• PRO
    Brass Key Interiors
    5 år sedan
    @cffourmont the cabinet was custom ordered to fit the space. It was a few years ago, but I believe it was a 7” cabinet. Each cabinet manufacturer will have their size intervals that they prefer you use. These are Kitchen Craft cabinets.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.