mlouise_fraser

Shower room with no toilet

mlouise_fraser
6 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

I’m converting my master suite by adding a walk in wardrobe and shower room.

The room is on the other side of the house from the existing bathroom, and so to add a toilet will require a new soil stack.

The house is a renovation project for us which we are planning to sell on once it’s completed, so we need to consider cost v return.

Its a 3 bed semi with an upstairs bathroom - the only toilet in the house.

What do you think? worth adding the toilet, or ok as shower room?

Shower room - no toilet
Add toilet

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
    6 år sedan

If you are looking to sell on purchasers would expect a toilet in an ensuite. Could you use this space to enhance your walk in wardrobe arrangement and possibly consider a downstairs toilet as an alternative option?

mlouise_fraser thanked Room by Room (Midlands) Ltd
  • PRO
    Bathroom Supastore
    6 år sedan

A second toilet will always add value to a property. Is there somewhere else you could position a toilet? Maybe under the stairs?

We have tons of smaller options available at Bathroom Supastore.

mlouise_fraser thanked Bathroom Supastore
  • minipie
    6 år sedan

Depends on cost of new soil stack in proportion to the value of the house.

Are you sure it isn't possible to run a soil pipe under the floor to meet the existing stack - this will depend on distance and how the joists run..? Could be cheaper than an entirely new stack.

Another option is a macerating loo though they are not ideal.

mlouise_fraser thanked minipie
  • kikiamack
    6 år sedan
    I think shower room with loo is preferable to shower only plus walk in wardrobe. Cost allowing.
    mlouise_fraser thanked kikiamack
  • Emmanuelle
    6 år sedan
    Would love a walking wardrobe, but would prefer to have a loo next to the shower. For me, it’s a non negotiable basic, a WW is a luxury I could live without.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.