jbhetman_94

exactly where does light rail go?

b h
6 år sedan

i have full overlay doors.

i've seen it like an L shape where a small part hugs the front of the cabinet.

i've seen it mounted only the the bottom of the cabinet.

i've seen it mounted to the inside of the box, sorta recessed from the bottom of the cabinet. (hope i said that right)

is it my choice?

Kommentarer (8)

• PRO
    Filipe Custom Woodwork
    6 år sedan

No , it depends on the vendor you are using for the Kitchen cabinets and what they offer.

• b h
    Författare
    6 år sedan

well i have a finishing carpenter who will do what i want, but i don't know what to ask for, so are these 3 options for me

• PRO
    Artistic Kitchen Designs
    6 år sedan

In a full overlay style kitchen you would put the light rail flush with the faceframe of the cabinets, maybe set back 1/8" so the connection line is not visible between the 2 pieces of material.

• b h
    Författare
    6 år sedan

like this???.....

i'm just holding up the piece as best as i can while i take a picture.

the actual piece will be cut in half, so i can use the other half on other parts of the trim.

• b h
    Författare
    6 år sedan

or should it be placed inside the box???

• b h
    Författare
    6 år sedan

and if done like the photos, will light show thru that crease?

• b h
    Författare
    6 år sedan

ok, so i'm holding it wrong???

SO the wood right now isn't cut, and is too long for me to properly take a picture. i did the best holding it.

so if it were cut, and placed this way, no light would show? yes? the wood would be about 1.5" so about 3/4" of trim would show? yes?

right now b/c i can't get the whole piece under there most of the 3" shows...

so then the idea is to attach it behind the box?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.