emfw97

exterior renovation of 90’s house

Mimi
6 år sedan
We moved into this 90’s house & have already replaced the crumbling faded upvc with new timber windows. Looks so much better I think but still not quite there. Can’t decide what to do with the porch and thinking the guttering/downpipes need changing but ?what colour. Any ideas?

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Jo Chrobak Invent Design Create Ltd
    6 år sedan

Hi Mimi,

The windows make a huge difference and it's looking so nice! In terms of the gutters and downpipes they are definitely dated, but black or anthracite ones would stand out too much and draw your eye to them so personally, I would feel inclined to match the brick colour as best as possible probably similar to what is there now (slightly less red and more orangey brown).

Most porches like that are open rather than your closed one if you want to keep it closed I would make it look like it was part of the original (matching the architecture rather than lightweight filling in). Or if you are ok with it, turn it back into an open porch and it will make your entrance hall slightly brighter :-)

Hope that spurred some ideas for you!

Jo

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.