sdsth

help me make this look more inviting

Stella Hansen
6 år sedan
huge family room, which i think the couches look lost in ..... any ideas welcome

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    3DA Design Drafting and 3D Visuals
    6 år sedan
    add a good rug to mark the space. then arrange the couch in a U shape.
  • PRO
    Clipsal by Schneider Electric
    6 år sedan

Hi, maybe back the couches into the space so the open up into the rest of the room. And a rug might help bring the room together, as suggested above

Thanks, the Clipsal Team

• me me
    6 år sedan
    Rug, curtains, artwork
  • me me
    6 år sedan
    There are a couple of good books in my local library which show rooms like yours, then stage by stage photos as they add to the look to make a finished room.
  • Sara Graham
    6 år sedan
    A rug would make a world of difference. And curtains or blinds. You also need the couches relating to each other. Probably a U shape. At the moment they don’t, especially the closest couch. Perhaps a credenza with personal touches, photos, a vase of flowers, something special to you, artwork in the walls.
  • Stella Hansen
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    update
  • me me
    6 år sedan
    Much better layout
  • annb1997
    6 år sedan

That's a better layout for couches. Consider centering the large artworkon the wall. It is currently off-centre. Large rectangular area rug is good suggestion, and add potted plants in raised timber bases -would tie in nicely with your flooring. Agree window coverings good idea, maybe sheers?

• julie herbert
    6 år sedan
    Hi,
    Saw these vertical sheer curtains , very glamorous, a large rug, large plant to balance artwork, some beautiful cushions would look add a softer look to room
  • Stella Hansen
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    cushions and change of position?
  • Stella Hansen
    Författare
    6 år sedan
    or and lamp
  • PRO
    Evergreen Walls Pty Ltd
    6 år sedan

Hi there,
    Wow, you’ve got a lot of space to work with! A large rug will make a world of difference, as well as some semi-sheer curtains and maybe a couple tall standing lamps. As the walls are quite bare, consider breathing some life into the space with an artificial wall garden or disks.

Cheers,

Richard

• PRO
    Bluethumb Online Art Gallery
    6 år sedan

Hi there!

Megan from Bluethumb online art gallery here. I definitely agree with has been said previously, that you need a rug to really ground the area and define the space. I like the new arrangement of the furniture, it adds to the cosiness of the space. What you really need are some soft furnishings - matching cushions instead of the real mixed bag you have, throw rugs and some nice decorative aspects on the side table. Consider playing with texture to add dimension.

I see that you have an artwork already on one wall. I would suggest moving it to the wall on the window, and adding a much larger piece where it is currently hanging. The scale of the artwork makes the wall and room feel much emptier and off balance.
    I would suggest a piece like this one by one of our best-selling artists, Elaine Green. The proportions of the work will really help to balance out the room.
    https://www.houzz.com.au/products/my-view-or-the-way-i-see-it-by-elaine-green-prvw-vr~116704648 

Some other suggestions for you:
    https://bluethumb.com.au/katherine-castle/Artwork/red-tailed-black-cockatoos-katherine-castle
    https://bluethumb.com.au/kat-las/Artwork/reflections-large-scale-1-8-meter-wide
    https://bluethumb.com.au/lilynova/Artwork/australian-glory-lily-nova

Hope this helps!

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

I think you got a nice ideas in your previous post about decoration this room, I posted some inspirations for you. Can not see it now. What happened?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.