mydesigndream

Deck Railing?

Donna Pallone
6 år sedan
This is a beautiful deck and glass railing system. We are looking for a glass railing system that allows air to pass through for cooling people when sitting on the deck. Could you please share how this was done and if it is available to purchase? Thank you for your time.
Little Nahant Road, Nahant · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    Michael McCloskey Design Group
    6 år sedan

reply to glass deck railing question

Dear My Design Dream.

These are custom designed railings. I face the same challenges you are facing and did not find anything on the market that suited my situation, so I designed and built my own.

Stainless steel open box posts, with channels on each side to accept the glass. open at top and bottom for air flow. Ring sleeve on the top of the posts for the mahogany railing. Railing bolted to top of mahogany flooring with solid blocking below.

Pretty simple. Not necessarily inexpensive but 10 years later, still beautiful. Hint, make sure you use polished SS material. Matt or other finish will trap airborne salt in the SS and will rust no matter how much they call it Stainless Steel,

All the best,

M

Donna Pallone thanked Michael McCloskey Design Group
  • Donna Pallone
    Författare
    6 år sedan

thank you for your quick response. I will show this to my contractor to see if this can be done on my project. Do you remember who you used for a metal fabricator? Again, thank you.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.