looking4houses4

stainless steel worktops

GJ Dee
5 år sedan

Anyone got any experience of stainless steel worktops? I want Quartz and my other half wants stainless steel (he's an ex-chef so used to them). Which one is easier to keep? Just interested to know other people's opinions... Thank you.

Kommentarer (10)

• Daisy England
    5 år sedan

Quartz gets my vote. I think your other half was just used to working on stainless steel if he was a Chef. Quartz has the finishing touches.

• PRO
    Craighead & Woolf - Kitchen Interior Design
    5 år sedan

Hi Gj Dee! Quartz is the more practical of the two options in the long run. Manufacturers such as Caesarstone or Silestone produce great options in a variety of colours and finishes. The material is highly durable and resistant to stains and scratching therefore it should look like it did on day one in a few years after installation. If your husband is looking for something that looks industrial you could maybe look at their concrete-like options.

However with all this in mind we have used stainless steel worktops for clients in the past and have included it in our showroom displays. It does have unparalleled heat resistance etc but the issue with it is that it isn't impervious to small nicks and scratches in everyday wear and tear. If you are happy and embrace that it will not look scratch free then go for it - it does add character to the top! Overtime these scratches will build up and blend in with one another creating a unique patina.

It might be an idea to use both depending on the style of your kitchen. We decided to do this with one of our recent displays. Good luck with your choice!

Craighead & Woolf | Cupola · Mer info

Craighead & Woolf | Randolph · Mer info

GJ Dee thanked Craighead & Woolf - Kitchen Interior Design
  • PRO
    Tim Wood Limited
    5 år sedan

Both are great, I would suggest getting samples of both and see if you both might agree on one or have both if you have room. One is not better than the other, some quartz does not take kindly to hot saucepans being put on them. There is a massive variety, you need prices and samples.

I am very happy to quote for both, but it largely comes down to what it looks like installed and it is important you are both happy.

Stainless steel

American Black Walnut Kitchen · Mer info

Minerva Cararra

Grey Painted Balham Kitchen, with one side in Cherry · Mer info

Grey Painted Balham Kitchen, with one side in Cherry · Mer info

GJ Dee thanked Tim Wood Limited
  • PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    5 år sedan

Mixed, dark blue with dark grey shaker style cabinets with stainless steel work top 40mm thick with seamless joints, with moulded in sink, with pull down spray tap and black appliance's and diamond shaped stainless steel tiles

i can see that could work, for me

down side with stainless steel, is scratches, when cleaning

i still feel it would look good

• PRO
    Tim Wood Limited
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

All worktops have pros and cons when choosing stainless the type of stainless steel and its finish are vital. Otherwise yes, with the wrong finish or cheap stainless steel top it will be a waste of money and look terrible. Our suppliers are superb and when cleaning, it will not scratch easily at all.

• Sonia
    5 år sedan

I know what I would want in my kitchen, and it certainly isn’t stainless steel.

• PRO
    Danmar Kitchens & Interiors
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

HI . if you want to see some good examples of stainless steel worktops , we use a lot in out kitchens , easy to maintain, you can take a scratch out as the same as Corian , just rubbing along the grain , a lot of people are scared to use , but personally its choice . Hope this helps , example on link in green , mixture of all three worktops in one kitchen,

• PRO
    John Franklin Kitchens
    5 år sedan

My vote would be for quartz - stainless steel can be a bit noisy and of course will scratch! Depends of the feel you are looking for in your kitchen but quartz is more homely.

• J
    5 år sedan
    my last kitchen had stainless steel and marble countertops. I loved them both. I never worried about the stainless steel. The marble made me nervous though.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.