jsm55497

Will having 2 different benchtop colours work in my kitchen?

jsm55497
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

Does anyone have 2 different coloured benchtops in their kitchen? Im thinking a lightish colour (pure mineralstone laminex) for the L shape (where my sink and oven will be). Then on my freestanding island bench, I'm thinking a darker grey colour to match my dark grey floor tile. What are your thoughts and pics if possible. Thanks

Kommentarer (16)

• PRO
    HouzzAU
    5 år sedan

Do you have any pics of the colours you are planning to match?

• E A
    5 år sedan

I have black marble in the work zone on top of black drawers, and timber on the island on top of white drawers and love it.

• janeinoz
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I have mushroom colored stone on one bench & in butlers pantry & timber on island it looks great.

• laurenac
    5 år sedan
    we have a dark grey (piatra grey which has a light white /cream marble to it, waterfall edges) caesarstone on our Island and to the side that goes L shape into butlers, with a white (opposite marble pattern to the grey) again caesarstone on the back wall to the main part of kitchen in line with the island - if that makes sense.. and I love it!!
  • wendan26
    5 år sedan

Love your idea of colours, go for it.

• Barbra May
    5 år sedan

We have grey stone benchtop on white drawers and white (marble effect) on grey drawers. Looks great and yours will too!

• jabinika
    5 år sedan

That sounds as though it will look great. In fact I think it would look better having the 2 colours than having the fixed and the freestanding bences the same colour

jsm55497 thanked jabinika
  • msmoo
    5 år sedan
    Yes we have a mottled grey formica top on kitchen benches, and a Jarrah wood island top.
    jsm55497 thanked msmoo
  • berbieharmsen
    5 år sedan

If it pleases your eye, do it. I like laminate for bench tops as it is a really good product but doesn't currently have snob value, so if I was you I would save up for Caesarstone for the island. That way you can have two hard wearing surfaces that need no extra care and snob value as well and they will look great.

jsm55497 thanked berbieharmsen
  • Steve Gibson
    5 år sedan

Hello dear, I believe it is to choose and arrange colors to match existing furnishings, or possibly in some cases to even choose furnishings as well to give a certain 'look' to a room or rooms. But, an interior designer is someone who plans, researchers, coordinates, and manages such projects. An interior designer evaluates and designs interior living and work spaces to make them functional, appealing and well-suited to an owner's needs. Interior designers make interior spaces functional, safe, and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials. Recently I have done interior design in my office from HTS Interior Design LLC, who offers an interior solution to meet specific needs from concept design to turnkey Fit Out solution.

• Lynette Ludbrook
    5 år sedan

I have butchers block benctops, but my pull out benchtop is in a contrasting colour, laminate for a bit of fun and practicality!

• PRO
    Nelson Interior Stylists
    5 år sedan

I love the idea of two toned kitchens, it is really popular to see it .

Years ago everything was one colour whether it was for a kitchen of a living room and now we are more design savvy.

People used to buy a sofa and arm chairs all in the same set where as now we see a hero design chair just like in the kitchen we see a white kitchen and grey top cabinets and the same goes for benches.

Some of the nicest benches i have seen is a marble with an american oak timber bench that wrapped partly over it. stunning

• Rhonda Whybrow
    5 år sedan

Yes, you can have two completely different bench surfaces. Island bench can be a showstopper, stand alone feature if your kitchen!

• houscom
    5 år sedan

A second colour can create definition. Break up zones. Add the WOW factor while the other might sit back helping to frame the WOW.

• wendan26
    5 år sedan

I have cream cupboards on my wall area and sink area with black counter tops, the central island has 6 black pot drawers on either side and a cream counter top, it looks real classy and I love it, I get compliments from everyone.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.