kira5817

Need Help with Front Door Color!!!

kira5817
5 år sedan
I have painted my front door twice in the last day and need some advice! I started with a bright yellow door, then painted charcoal, then painted it a light blue grey. I am not sure if I like what I have painted it. Which color do you like and what color would you paint it if I were to choose another color. Thanks for any guidance
Charcoal
Grey Blue
Original
Other

Kommentarer (10)

• Kathryn P
    5 år sedan

I was also going to suggest green.

• Carolyn
    5 år sedan

I like the contrast charcoal has to offer. I hope you don't mind me mentioning this too but I think doing your house numbers in white on a charcoal - colored board (in the same place) would also go great with your door.

• Bev
    5 år sedan

I also love charcoal for your door. Yellow and gray look great together!

• Kate Ciesielka
    5 år sedan
    Can you paint the trim around the charcoal? I think it’s bothering me white for some reason but I like the contrast it is offering
  • Kathleen Harrington
    5 år sedan
    I like the green idea. I am also seeing many doors in the orange family. A soft coral would be nice. Whatever color, paint the entire 3pieces & trim all the same. All that white trim is very busy. Keep it simple.
  • PRO
    Gialluisi Custom Homes
    5 år sedan

Useful tip: when choosing the color palette for the exterior of your home the best approach is to pick two shades of the same color. Use one of the shades for the body of the house and the other for the trim. Then you can pick a third contrasting color to paint the door.

We find that with the homes we build , white is a perfect contrast color, therefore we use it on windows, doors and entrances. A very beautiful contrast is also created by dark wood doors, or stone paved entries. More here: https://www.gialluisihomes.com/2016/12/14/exterior-design-lessons/

• PRO
    Heinold Home Improvement LLC
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I don't think the issue is the door color - the charcoal is nice - but I recommend you paint the sidelights white, keep the trim white, and just paint the front door itself, like below. If you prefer a pop of color, the same idea works with an orange, blue or green door, but I would keep the color mid-tone to dark for contrast. Good luck!

Pompton Plains Complete Update · Mer info

• houssaon
    5 år sedan

I agree paint the door charcoal (including the window frame and mullions), but the side lights white. Or paint all of it charcoal. Don't leave small sections of white.

• decoenthusiaste
    5 år sedan

Agree - sidelights white and door the color. Have you thought about charcoal siding and a red or ochre door?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.