manj_bains

Bedroom colour help needed.

M B
5 år sedan
hi all.

i was wondering would the wall with the windows or the wall with the bed against it be the best to paint as a feature colour?

i have ivory bed stands and bed frame in the same colour. Any suggestions for colour of walls would be appreciated. i was thinking of something like this but the room is north facing so not sure as i want a warm feel and not cold.

Kommentarer (19)

• minnie101
    5 år sedan

I would have the bed wall as the feature wall. I'd look at warmer greys. Little greene limestone is a nice colour and you could use a darker colour in that colour family for the feature wall. Alternatively farrow and ball skimming stone, shown in the photo, could work

• honeypoppet
    5 år sedan

I actually really like the colour of the plaster! It seems to work in that room. Farrow & Ball do a paint called 'Setting Plaster' - some pics below:

St Leonards · Mer info

New Build Large Home Interior Design · Mer info

• Sonia
    5 år sedan

Dulux Egyptian Cotton is a nice warm grey-beige colour and I have it in my north facing bedroom.

• PRO
  • Carolina
    5 år sedan

Would be good to know what's going on the floor?

• M B
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    hi. thanks for all the comments. its been helpful.

we will have carpet. either a beige or grey but undecided as it depends on wall colours.
  • deborah eade
    5 år sedan

M B I would never put a fitted carpet in a bedroom, it is a trap for dust and much else. I am always shocked by how much fluff and hair hides under the bed, on my floorboards. Unless you are sure never to have allergies, go for rugs, which can be beaten and cleaned. Agree that if you want an accent colour it should be behind the bed.

• PRO
    Kathy Hanson Interiors
    5 år sedan

Yes I agree, I would have the bed on the feature wall. Farrow & Ball have some lovely warm colours to choose from. I also like the Natural Hessian Dulux which is very versatile.

• PRO
    ROOM4STYLE - Inspired Interiors
    5 år sedan
    A great elegant and warm neutral colour is Farrow & Balls Elephant breath.
  • PRO
    ROOM4STYLE - Inspired Interiors
    5 år sedan
    Here’s a link for a photo featuring the colour Elephants Breath
    Heritage Panelling · Mer info
  • Sue K
    5 år sedan
    Like Room4styles suggestion. Elephants breath is a warm colour - perfect for North facing window..
  • KK1000
    5 år sedan
    I like the colour you have on the cabinet/ chest of drawers in your photo next to the white one. The dark blue / grey would be perfect with your light furniture and all you need is a light colour rug and white bed linen.
  • M B
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    thank you! i didnt think of that ☺
  • Juliet Docherty
    5 år sedan

I like the idea of Setting Plaster too or a similar brown/pink. I painted my lounge Elephant's Breath (East facing) and it looked dreary and very cold, although it can look warmer in a better lit South facing room. It's all relative, no colour is intrinsically warm or cool, it depends on lots of things.

• PRO
    Kerry Bryan Interiors
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Hi MB,

When creating a feature wall for this room, I'd use the wall parallel to the windows for this / for the bed, or the wall next to them which I'm assuming is the wall you have chosen your Bed on? (Due to the wiring.) Making a feature of the window wall will make the windows look smaller, and potentially drown out any natural light, which of course you don't want when the room is North facing. Both Professionally and Personally, I wouldn't recommend painting the window wall. However, something that could work and potentially consider, is to paint one wall as a feature (darker) and the others in a much lighter shade of colour, if you really wanted to paint the window wall.

I think the general consensus is a warm tone, as it's easy to make the room quite cold with Greys, although they are so versatile and bright in some cases when coupled with the right accessories and furniture.

I've popped below a couple of paint colours from Farrow and Ball Neutrals Range. First, is 'Blackened' which has a sunny, warming look, and would work great with the furniture that you've described. And second is Skimming Stone, which is a Grey tone that I feel is light enough to pull of a north facing room, as long as you use warm lighting, and marry the accessories to the scheme.

Hope some of the above is useful to you and all makes sense, let us know how you get on!

@KerryBryanInteriors

• PRO
    iMarc-Pro Architects
    5 år sedan
    Wall with bed head should be the ascent wall.
    you can play with drapes at the windows.
  • PRO
    Cormar Carpets
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

We think behind your bed would look good as a feature wall. Neutral or lighter or lighter shades accentuate a feeling of space and brightness, so are great for small rooms or those that are naturally bright, if you’re worried about it ‘feeling cold’ team the décor with lots of sumptuous throws and knits in varying neutral shades. We can’t tell from the picture, but if you’ve got a large bedroom, north-facing rooms suit bolder, darker shades that make the space appear more welcoming. We’ve attached some pics below to hopefully provide you with some inspiration! https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/inspiration-categories/bedroom-carpets/

Sensation Heathers · Mer info

Sensation · Mer info

• PRO
    Lomuarredi Ltd
    5 år sedan

Hello M B! Have you ever thought about the light blue colour?! It's very versatile and elegant. Read this article for more info about it: https://hyggedesign.blog/2018/08/23/light-blue-and-other-colours/

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.