joanne_owens3679410

what should we do with our kitchen/tv room

Joanne Owens
5 år sedan
We would like to make the kitchen/tv room into one room. Both rooms are quite dark so I’d like to let more light in...but how? I did think about bifold doors or putting a full length window in where the sink is currently. We will be replacing the kitchen and knocking down the wall connecting the two rooms. We could also knock through to the utility room and and downstairs toilet but I would want these rooms replacing elsewhere. What could we do? What’s possible? Apart from the obvious knocking through.

Kommentarer (7)

• Joanne Owens
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ground floor layout
  • Joanne Owens
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    It’s the wall connecting the kitchen and sitting room. See the plan for the layout
  • Joanne Owens
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Does nobody have any advice or comments to make? I would really appreciate some feedback!
  • PRO
    SWR Group
    5 år sedan

Hi Joanne, sorry if I'm being a bit slow here but is this the wall you are planning to knock down?

And you're looking for ideas on how to brighten up the space? Where are you thinking about putting bi-folds?

• minnie101
    5 år sedan

i think you're going to get more light with the wall down anyway. Bifolds would look good, is that also a single storey extension? If so a rooflight would let in more light. The carpet won't help in the sitting room, choose a floor that bounces light such as wood. Again, although you can see light is bounced off an area of the worktop a light worktop and splashback will help (Maybe a mirrored one?). The rooms don't actually appear that dark in the pics but I think a warmer neutral on the walls will help as the white is taking on a blueish tinge so assume you face north? A mirror opposite the doors in the sitting room would also help

• embzop
    5 år sedan

Changing the worktops to a light colour will make all the difference. I've just had a new kitchen installed and even in a small area - about 2.5 metre sq - having a white worktop has completely transformed the area. The previous matt black surface just absorbed all the light. I've painted the walls white as well (previously a creamy colour) and now the area is so bright I've had to buy a blind for the window! Therefore, I'd suggest staying with the layout and looking at the colours for your new kitchen rather than creating unnecessary openings that will mean you lose cupboard space or other rooms. It's not just style, but function that is also important, if the space does not work for you, you will soon fall out of love with the house.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.