rose_gillett65

Will a red garage door look like a fire station?

Rose Gillett
5 år sedan
I'm replacing my front door soon and I'm torn between traditional Victorian red or racing green. My house is Victorian and painted buttermilk with a brown trim (restricts the colours for front doors).

I love red but as I would be changing my garage door too. I don't want it to look like a fire station....

what are people's thoughts please?

Kommentarer (5)

• honeypoppet
    5 år sedan

Hi Rose

Do you have any photos you can share? It always helps to be able to see what we're advising on!

I think it probably depends on the type of garage door - ie. if its the type with small windows in then yes it probably will look like a fire station but otherwise I think it would be ok. You could always get the garage door in a different colour though - they don't always have to match.

• PRO
    SWR Group
    5 år sedan

Hi, I'll post some installations we've done in the past featuring a red garage door.

We also offer a free and fast visualisation service, you'd just have to email us a photo and we'd put a red garage door in place and send it back to you. Let me know if you're interested!

Hope this helps. :)

• PRO
    Ikonografik Design
    5 år sedan
    Don't have a matching garage door. Have red or green for front door but consider a darker discreet coloured garage door such as black or graphite or a very very very dark red or green so it's almost black with a hint of colour so it feeds through with front door. My front door is red and garage door is black. I think it looks good and not OTT.
  • E D
    5 år sedan

:-)

• Emily
    5 år sedan
    Think it really depends on the particular property myself. And I like EDs fire station pic!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.