lorilynnlarsen

HELP w/ 1970's exterior colors!!

lorilynnlarsen
5 år sedan
This is a flip house we just purchased...will be replacing windows and new siding...so wondering if i can go with/ grey's and paint the brick..or stay w/ browns? the brown roof is staying.

Kommentarer (5)

• sheloveslayouts
    5 år sedan

Flips in my area (Portland, OR) have a pretty consistent look and it's shades of gray. If you're re-siding anyway, just remove the brick and install new siding all over. If that's not budget friendly, I'd paint the brick unless that is frowned upon by your target demographic.

Here's a palette that might work for this house with the brown roof. Edgecomb gray on body, Hemlock on door.

• Sierra Pack
    5 år sedan
    I would keep the brown roof, paint the brick white, paint the front door, and make the siding a very dark blue. Get rid of the shutters please. You could even add a little gable over the front door to add some visual interest and make a nice focal point. I would also update the porch columns and make them bigger. Good luck!
  • PRO
    Fairway Style Living
    5 år sedan

Hi, Lori!

Good news here: lots of opportunity to update the palette and stay aligned with your brown roof tones. I'd actually flip the script here and do a more saturated body color and take your trim white versus the dark brown it currently is. Here's a different take:

-Keep brick as-is; remove shutters (since they're smaller than visually practical in appearance)

-Take trim to white, including fireplace stack and garage door - beef up porch columns and trim out window casing

-Main tone to a warm-tone grey; front door to a rich coffee, porch and garage lanterns to larger transitional style in nickel or verdigris finish and relo garage numbers to the right of garage opening

So many great options and potential here - please keep us in the loop on what you select!

• PRO
    Creative Garden Spaces
    5 år sedan

Choose the mid-range color in the brick ( don’t paint it) and go with that for the body of the house. No shutters, maybe a wide trim around the windows. And be sure to paint the roof support post the lighter color.

• Irene Morresey
    5 år sedan
    Some inspiration, I would leave the brick. A bit of landscaping will make a huge difference
  • sheloveslayouts
    5 år sedan

Do you work with a realtor on your flips? They would be the best resource for what buyers want. Flippers here would paint that brick lickety split. Old brick is not something buyers of flips want.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.