fiskmidmod

Front door to brighten entry way

Charlene
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

We have a very dark front entry and are planning to order a new front door. Looking for opinions on what kind/color of door would brighten up this space. We have considered a medium colored "wood look" door or a painted door with the three large rectangle windows. If we went with painted, should we paint it the same color as the house (as the current one is painted), assuming with windows, it would be bright enough. Or would you suggest a color, and what color since it has to go well with the brick and the paint? The house paint color is Benjamin Moore Gunmetal, and it has a blue/gray look to it. We are keeping the 21" sidelight to the right of the door, and we don't worry much about privacy, so we'd choose clear glass panels in the door. We will also be removing the storm door that is open to show you the current door. Please ignore the landscaping. Yes the bushes must come out. That's next year's project. ;) Thank you for your help!

Kommentarer (5)

• decoenthusiaste
    5 år sedan

I'd go for a glass door to match your glass sidelight. Remove the shrubbery that is helping darken your entry and brighten up the paint as well.

Charlene thanked decoenthusiaste
  • PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    5 år sedan

If your home is contemporary you could look at Modern Steel Doors in LA. They have some nice styles that combine metal and glass.

Charlene thanked Design Directives, LLC
  • houssaon
    5 år sedan

Removing the bushes and adding a modern door with color will make it somewhat more noticeable. But the effect will be limited. The entry is dark because the color of siding and the eaves is very dark.

Would you consider painting the eaves a light gray? Would you consider painting the siding to the right of the door a lighter color (looks to be a wall of about 6 to eight feet long) as well as the door? That would put more light into the corner. How about widening the walkway, maybe with concrete pavers set in stone, all the way from the driveway to the area with the bushes are now, so the entrance is more visible?

Charlene thanked houssaon
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan

I actually like that current door. original, yes? green or orange would look great next to the gray.

you could do more of a burnt orange to work w/the roman bricks.

wood would work too.

after you do the bushes, I'd consider staining or painting the porch concrete.

Charlene thanked Beth H. :
  • PRO
    TheDoorsDepot
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I think "wood look" door will look great here. I agree with Beth and like her ideas.

Charlene thanked TheDoorsDepot
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.