valerie_iosue

Front door advice

Valerie Iosue
5 år sedan
I am in need of some front door advice. I am renovating this home and replacing the front door. The siding and windows are half way done (left side is done, right side is coming soon). What style front door would be best for this house? I am stumped. A couple
Important things: we need light (something with windows) BUT also privacy glass bc we are on a main road and home is set close to road. Door will be fiberglass. Open to wood grain stain or paint. Any guidance will be super helpful! Thanks in advance.

Kommentarer (15)

• leelee
    5 år sedan

I like the looks of either of these

The home looks like it could lend itself to a little modern touch.

• Valerie Iosue
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    @Beth, I do like that decorative glass full light. What supplier is that? I would like fiberglass.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I don't have info for that. just specify the full lite, beveled glass pieces and see what you can find. i'm sure home depot can get something, but you'll pay for their service. go to the actual door manufacturer yourself and cut out the middle man.

• suezbell
    5 år sedan

The full glass will not provide the privacy you need unless you choose glass that is not clear. Even with frosted glass, shadows will be seen after dark with a light on inside. For privacy and security, choose a door w/windows eye high.

• Valerie Iosue
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    This glass style comes in 3/4 or 1/2 lite. The privacy rating is 9.
  • Valerie Iosue
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Privacy rating 7. Nickel or antique black caming
  • Valerie Iosue
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Another option
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan

the last one is nice. up to you whether you want a full or 1/2. do you have an entryway? if so, no one will be able to see through all the way back to where you sit. I have a door that's prob a 7. even standing right outside the door and peering in, you still can't see anything unless they're right on the other side.

• PRO
    Mackenzie Austin Design
    5 år sedan
    I would suggest a Mission Style (wood or wood-look) door. Something to marry the two heights of the windows on either side of it. If you can do a sidelight, even better (but not required). Lose the storm door. Trim it out it a lighter colour to add emphasis to the front door.
  • PRO
    TheDoorsDepot
    5 år sedan

The door with matte glass is the best option. As for the color and style, the modern door will perfectly match. It will identify the style of your home. I think color shouldn't be dark I would choose sandy gold, blue or cream.

North Exterior Door · Mer info

• jbtanyderi
    5 år sedan
    The roof is needlessly busy. A gable over the entry and large window would have created better balance.
  • felizlady
    5 år sedan
    Windows in the top 12-16" will be too high for anyone but a very tall person to see anything. Natural light will be minimal unless the front of the house gets direct sunlight.
  • Nat Gor
    5 år sedan

Hey! What do you think about something like that? The overall color palette of your house is grayish-brown… I think such a door will totally complement your house exterior..

• Irene Morresey
    5 år sedan
    Love these modern doors, also Beth’s first pic with the bevelled and obscure glass
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.