tgraven

Hi - am I being picky or is this bad penny tile installation?

The grout is not dry yet - I'm hoping it looks better tomorrow - but in case it does not, does this warrant asking for a re-do? Thank you!

Kommentarer (18)

• annied75
    5 år sedan
    Is it the camera angle or does the floor slope to the right? I think the outline of each of the tile sections would really bother me. Hopefully, others will weigh in.
    Terri Glanger Photography thanked annied75
  • PRO
    G & S Floor Service
    5 år sedan

The underlayment panels telegraph through the tiles.

Terri Glanger Photography thanked G & S Floor Service
  • PRO
    Terri Glanger Photography
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you all SO much for weighing in. I will say it looks less obvious in person as a photo compresses everything, but I am still relieved to hear I'm not being overly picky. Thank you!

• PRO
    Författare
    5 år sedan

@annied75 thank you! I believe that is just the camera angle. It's a fast iPhone snap.

• that_tile_girl
    5 år sedan

You can clearly see that they just put two sheets of tile side by side without spacers. Those visible lines will be annoying for eternity. Fix it while you can! That's just lazy installation.

• Nidnay
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

You should not be able to see each individual sheet they laid...the entire floor should look like one sheet and not individual squares as they appear in your pic.

I have seen advice here that states each sheet should be installed staggered which helps avoid the unsightly and visible squares (as long as the other parts of the install are done correctly).

• PRO
    Creative Tile Eastern CT
    5 år sedan

Looking at the first 4 sheets in the doorway it appears to be a dye lot difference also. Are these box store mosaics?

• Nidnay
    5 år sedan
    Creative Tile....I think that’s just a shadow you’re seeing.
  • PRO
    Creative Tile Eastern CT
    5 år sedan

Certainly possible nidnay. Although it appears to line up with the grid from the mosaic sheets. I've certainly been wrong before but I'm staying with it until the OP says otherwise.

• PRO
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Creative Tile Eastern CT I also noticed what you are saying. To me (in person) it was like that brighter front part was a slightly different sheen. Slightly less matte so it reflected more light. My contractor has agreed to do what he can to fix the problem areas and if that does not look better he said they’d start over. I’m fine with that. I appreciate all of the input!
  • PRO
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    And also, yes I purchased these from floor & decor in Dallas.
  • PRO
    Creative Tile Eastern CT
    5 år sedan

If that is a shading issue from sheet to sheet you need to select another product. No tile setter can hide that. It will show more when grouted. Neither you or your contractor want to risk that. Of course I'm basing it on these lot #'s were checked prior to installation.

• PRO
    Wholesome Interior Design
    5 år sedan

Agree on verifying dye lots. This is super important, as well as spacing. You can tell where each sheet starts, but hopefully once grout dries it will look more blended. Penny tile is tricky to cut and lay without looking patchy. Let us know how it dried. :)

• PRO
    Författare
    5 år sedan

hey guys! Sorry I went dark. The remodel has me a little snowed. They ripped out the penny tile and are going to try to re-do it. I'll post how it turns out! Praying this time is the charm!

• zealart
    5 år sedan

agree with many others. You shouldn't be able to see each individual sheet. I often notice it in DIY installs.

• PRO
    Cat Hackman
    4 år sedan

What was the end result?

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4 år sedan

Hope it turns our better the second time. You shouldn't be able to see the underlayment seams like that.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.