lmize22

How much space around standalone tub?

Laura M
5 år sedan

Is there a standard for how far these should be from a wall? Our little nook for putting in a tub is small and there would only be a few inches between the tub & walls on three sides.

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Bourke Construction Inc.
    5 år sedan

That works as long as you have a forward entry to tub.

would suggest you tile remaining tub walls.

ed.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

how are you going to clean behind the the tub on all sides? and yes, if that close, you prob want a tile on the wall.

since it really won't be 'freestanding' visually, (this, to me, would look better w/decking. I'd hate to have to clean around this one)

why not just do a contained one w/deck around those 3 sides?

if yours is like this, then it's doable

this would be the minimum I would want. especially if there is a window to clean, lightbulbs to changes, floors to dust, etc.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

The space is NOT meant for a free standing tub. Build it in. Unless you love floor cleaning nightmares.

Just because online photos may exist , does not mean the flooring around them, or the walls, or base trim, did not look positively disgusting six months after the photo was snapped.

The novelty of your "fantasy look" will get very old, very fast, in the real world bath.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år sedan

You do not have enough space IMO you need at least 12” on all sides next to walls and honestly even then you will need to be in the tub to clean the wall behind it. Get a nice saoker alcove tub and forget the whole fad of freestanding.

• PRO
    User
    5 år sedan

Best practice is to treat it like your coffee table for physical access. 24”-30” all around. You hardly ever see them done to best practice.

This fad shall too pass, and the emphasis on easy to clean and sanitary that so attracted your great grandparents to get rid of their freestanding for a built in will return.

Bath gems · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.