orders160

Mismatched prints in lounge

Nixxy H
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

I have a few prints going on in our lounge. Subtle florals on our curtains, ombre tie-dye effect cushions and recently a new large scale zebra print rug. The curtains cost us a fortune however nothing seems to go with them! Opinions please on whether you think this combo works please, and if not, an alternative suggestion for a printed rug, or to go plain?

Kommentarer (8)

• Tani H-S
    5 år sedan
    I think they look fine. The pattern in the curtains is so subtle that it doesn’t really clash with the rug which is very strong.

I wouldn’t notice the curtains anyway with the rug in. Although I understand looking at a small picture is different than being in the room.

Go out and walk back in without prejudice and see if you even notice them. If you walk in and think ‘urgh, it all clashes horribly’ then change what you like the least. ;0)
  • PRO
    SE Interiors
    5 år sedan
    This looks absolutely fine. Don’t be scared to mixed patterns and colours. But your curtains are pretty subtle so your set up works well. But it all comes down to how it makes you feel.
  • Sonia
    5 år sedan

I think you are mixing styles? The curtains are beautiful and give a soft country vibe, as does the sofa. Can’t quite see what colour they are. I’m not sure about the zebra rug..........not sure it fits in. i think a nice plain, or Morrocan style geometric rug would fit in better. Something like these

• Nixxy H
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I agree, I think I have a mix of styles going on. I started decorated the room with a mind that I wanted to have a fusion of traditional classic styles (the sofa) with a modern twist (the white side tables that have marble tops). I just don’t feel completely happy with it but it’s hard for me to pinpoint what is it and it’s driving me crazy!! The picture I posted is just one half of the room which is actually quite large with a larger version of that sofa against another blue wall, I’m not sure the charcoal sofa even looks right again the shade of blue wall I chose. Will post another image soon to show.
  • Nixxy H
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    I didn’t want a country vibe, I had it in our old house and with this house I wanted a more grown up traditional style with a modern edge, easier said than done!!
  • Sonia
    5 år sedan
    The sofa is gorgeous :-)
  • PRO
    User
    5 år sedan

I love the sofa, I do think you can move the room around and I think your sofa will look great against either wall. ( The white one by the Door, or the blue one. ) I think it's all working very well, in fact, if i had to take just one thing out it would be the Ombre cushions. They don't work with anything. Swap them out for cushions the same colour as the wall and I think you'll be a lot happier with the whole look.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.