polechka25

Living room design. Please help!

polechka25
5 år sedan

Hello everybody. These are the pictures of my small living room. I'm looking for ideas on how to make it look more cozy and alive. The walls are light blue and the coach is grey-blue. All ideas will be appreciated. Thanks!

Kommentarer (16)

• Rachel Lee
    5 år sedan
    Your tables are too close to the sofa- pull them away. Take down the too short curtain rod and get one twice that long, at least. Then you need some long curtain panels- Houzz and Wayfair let you shop by colors and pattern type, just find some with the blue and gray you like. Find an area rug, same sites, same search options. Just make sure only one of the two is boldly pattered. Add throw pillows to the couch, and a live plant or two. If you’re feeling really adventurous, uses the same searches for artwork to put on the sofa wall.
  • polechka25
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you, Rachel Lee. I'm struggling finding the right pillows. I'm not sure about the colors as well as the number.

• leelee
    5 år sedan

Raise the curtain rod almost to the ceiling. That will give your room a vertical lift.

Too late now but in the future don't buy a "matched set" of end tables and coffee table.

I'd recommend a glass or Lucite coffee table to open the room.

polechka25 thanked leelee
  • leelee
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

One large print over the sofa,

This might be perfect with your sofa.

Pillows

• leelee
    5 år sedan

The coffee table must go (at least to another room).

• leelee
    5 år sedan

Can you show a picture of the TV wall, please?

• PRO
    DecorReform
    5 år sedan
    Hey there - I would start by adding in some textures.

If your carpet is low pile, you can always add in a great area rug that you like. That will give you a chance to bring in some pops of color or simply keep it all neutral and use decor pieces to bring in some color such as vases or the alike.

You can also do a different style end table. Remove the one by the window and do something different on the other side of the couch. Add in a side chair with an arched floor lamp and small side table next to it for some books.

Adding in some throw pillows and a blanket will work well. Artwork on the main couch wall. An ottoman style coffee table will really soften up the space making it more cozy instead of matching tables.

Just some thoughts. Hope this helps. Good luck
    polechka25 thanked DecorReform
  • polechka25
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

leelee , Here is the picture of the TV wall

• groveraxle
    5 år sedan

Can the end table go on the end of the sofa where its name implies it belongs?

Send the torchiere to a starving student in the dorm and get a real lamp for that corner, an arc lamp perhaps.

Choose art for over the sofa, then use those colors to inform pillows and throw.

polechka25 thanked groveraxle
  • polechka25
    Författare
    5 år sedan

groveraxle , could you give me more detailed suggestions about the lamp, please? Maybe some pictures? Thank you!

• polechka25
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you, groveraxle ! This is very helpful! :-)

• judyistoo1
    5 år sedan

Polechka - I'm not versed in design, but always pay attention to spacial effects. The first thing my eye is drawn to is the sofa pushed to the corner. I would move the sofa away from your wall more and down. I would get rid of the other side table and opt for a brighter addition to your room, a circular novelty table in a silver or mirrored finish. I see a long light shade of wooden bench (perhaps look for an antique) situated under your window which could allow you to get some of your plants off of the floor. Then it's time for you to go "Flea Market Baby" with your personal style. I always look for: mirrors, mirrors and more mirrors, prints, candle sticks, large interesting or antique frames (white or metallic colors) magazines with great color & pic on the cover. You really could use a couple of chairs: situated at opposite ends (one where the side table I would get rid of is) and the other directly opposite. I like the design of the chair you were shown, but the size of the chairs need to be larger. Keep your chair fabrics but in brighter shades. On the side of the bench(closest to the corner where the sofa once clung to) I would lean a tall, fairly substantial antique gold frame. A really cool set of bookends and a few books would look great on the bench - right under your window. I peruse flea mkts, used furniture and resale shops and have my favorite places to pick up vintage pieces. Your rug and decor throw pillows will tie your space together. Browse the web for ideas and color palletes - you really find your personal style by clipping pics of pieces, catalogs and time spent on the web. You can do this. I browse best by myself:)

polechka25 thanked judyistoo1
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år sedan

Please remove the stickers from your windows! lol

as was mentioned, the sofa is crammed in the corner. bring it out and move it down a bit.

The coffee table is wrong for that spot. Can you replace it? (craigslist has some great finds)

Ditto the end table. they are too high for your sofa. Sell it and the table and look for something else.

Can you do a rug? What about window coverings? either some white, thin drapes, or some inset blinds of some sort.

I notice you like plants. put a few up on top of the tv console, and find some planters for the others

here are a bunch of pictures with sofas similar to yours. Find some artwork you like and can hang on the walls. find an area rug, some decent lighting, pillows, etc.

Look at these examples and pick and choose what you like for your room:

notice the plants, the pouf, the coffee table, and accent chair.

another view. move yours away from the wall/corner like they've done here:

more plant ideas. bring in some color too

find a cute little table/chest/console for the wall to the right of the tv, under those two pictures

polechka25 thanked Beth H. :
  • polechka25
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you Beth H. The windows are new and they have to pass the code inspection before I can remove the stickers. Thank you for great ideas and pictures. They are really helpful!

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    5 år sedan

Here are some ideas from a recent design of ours. Note the artwork, lamp, coffee table, pillows, chairs, and various other decor around.

Downtown Townhouse · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.