louwalker70

What can I do with this area?

Lou Walker
5 år sedan

We are planning on extending the glass sliding doors and windows to the edge of the grass but my dilemma is what to do with the area to the right of it that is underneath the stairs. we just don’t use it. Any ideas would be awesome.

cheers

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Cathi Colla Architects
    5 år sedan

Hi, It looks to me that the whole side of the stair, storage and the area of the lower terrace (glass sliding doors) needs a little love. Could you post some more images providing an elevation/ image of the whole of this side of the building (both levels).

Lou Walker thanked Cathi Colla Architects
  • Lou Walker
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi Cathi

Yes this area is in total need of love. It’s the last area for renovation, but I’m at a loss as to what do to and what would work. I’ve attached photos

• Denise Bailey
    5 år sedan
    Check interior examples of what to do under stairs - there’s some fab ideas you could adapt for exterior.
    Lou Walker thanked Denise Bailey
  • kbodman14
    5 år sedan
    What a great area to turn in a garden tool area. A little work, level a floor area, hook on back wall for tool, if need be, area for lawn mower. If you can, a tap and sink. Alternatively, a locker for all kinds of toy, some internal fittings for keeping balls, cricket set etc neat. A door on the opening, and a great paint job. Maybe a fitting mural on the panelling, a focal point for the back garden
    Lou Walker thanked kbodman14
  • dreamer
    5 år sedan
    Hi Lou walker, as said previously, this area needs some maintenance. Is under the stairs a storage area or just a waste of space? If not used at all then maybe enclose the stairs, similar to attached photo. The concrete needs a attention. Requires waterproofing and maybe tiles laid on Concrete balcony sides to keep the water/elements out. In your other post you ask for ideas for side of building as well. You have a lot of 'unused' areas that need attention. I would suggest you engage a landscaping professional to draw up plans on how to plant/landscape area appropriately for your lifestyle. You have so much potential in this land.
    Lou Walker thanked dreamer
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.