jazupan1012

Backsplash height dilemma

Josephine Zupan
5 år sedan

Hello - I am writing in requesting some advice on how high to take my back-splash - this is a modern condo layout with the kitchen along a back wall with a big island in front of it. The layout is below - and then other photo are the selections I have made - Calacatta Laza by MSI for the counter-tops - island will have mitered waterfall edge, the wood floors, paint colors, cabinet style (actual cabinet style will be a tight reveal/frameless, but this color is correct - with gold toned hardware), and the back-splash is a marble hatch. I am torn on how high to take the back-splash - up to the bottom of the hood vent , to the top of the cabinets, or all the way up to the ceiling? Any and all advice on any component is much appreciated!!

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    NewWest design studio, llc
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I recommend installing the backsplash wall tile to the bottom of the hood. Under the cabinets, you could either have a 6" high backsplash (band of tile with a pencil tile trim), or take the tile to the bottom of the cabinets. Good luck with your project!

• Jamie Ludwig
    5 år sedan

I think that taking it to the top of the cabinets would also look nice. I would not take it all the way to the ceiling since your cabinets are not going that high.

• PRO
    Precision Granite & Marble
    5 år sedan

I would tile to end it with the top of cabinets

• Sandra Martin
    5 år sedan

To the top of the cabinets For sure..

• mark_rachel
    5 år sedan

I might actually take it all the way up to the ceiling, but just where the hood is & right past the crown. So it would be the width of the cabinet opening.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.