webuser_716849275

osb flooring , ???

Painini
5 år sedan
Want to use osb boards as a finished floor , anyone have any experience with this ?

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Jo Chrobak Invent Design Create Ltd
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Hi Painini, I used OSB to design a project when I was in Australia. You will need to seal it very well as it will discolour, especially on the floor. A resin based, UV stable, clear sealer will be best but what you have access to will depend on which country you are in. In the UK I found Ronseal's products ok (better than proprietary products from companies such as B&Q, flooring companies or tile shops). But over here I have found the products lacking in longevity so re-application often is required.

You will also have to weigh up the health affects of using what is probably a toxic and high VOC product in order to protect the floor which often defeats the purpose of using the "natural" / industrial material in the first place!

I would test a few options and run them through a "stress test" Muddy shoes, pens, wine spills etc. and see what you gravitate towards.

Hope that helped in some way! I would love to know what you decide!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.