jenfaivre

Need Backsplash Advice!

Sam F.
5 år sedan

I was planning to use a leftover piece of my granite as the backsplash behind my cooktop. I would not do the 4" piece along the rest of the counter along the wall. My kitchen person says that look is outdated and to look at tile instead. I'm having a hard time envisioning a tile that won't clash with floor, cabinets, granite counters, appliances and sink and that will instead tie it all together. What are your thoughts? Pics of everything below.

Kommentarer (16)

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Cooktop wall plan

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Granite (Paradiso Classico)

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Flooring

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Cabinet - linen with a chocolate glaze

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Copper farmhouse sink color

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

GE Slate appliances

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Example - without the 4" piece running along rest of wall.

• mark_rachel
    5 år sedan

I think it would look just fine. Are you planning to just paint the rest of the backsplash area?

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

yes - the wall between counter and upper cabinets will just be painted a neutral "white."

• printesa
    5 år sedan

it will look fine. It's not dated.

• michoumonster
    5 år sedan

I think it will look fine. Though I am biased because I did it in my current kitchen, only behind the range. I like the clean look it gives, not having to introduce yet another element like tile in my kitchen. Also it is much easier to keep clean behind the range since there are no grout lines.

• Sam F.
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Yes! Thank you - these are exactly the issues I was concerned about with doing tile. Post a pic if you have the time - would love to see how yours looks.

• User
    5 år sedan

I see it being done a lot more lately. Just make sure they can turn it in the right direction

• michoumonster
    5 år sedan

Hi Sam, here is a pic i just snapped tonight for you. please ignore the mess. it is always like that in my kitchen, lol.

• Joy
    5 år sedan
    Using your counter stone as a backsplash is a high end look and application. Do it.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.