rohinigunda

can this kitchen mistake be corrected

Pancake
5 år sedan
Our new kitchen has arrived and it’s halfway through installation. We now realised a mistake happened during designing process. However I would really appreciate if there is any way to correct it.
I wanted a modern kitchen larder 1000mm wide with drawers at the bottom and cabinets at the top with two 500mm doors. Like this picture from internet. We have already order worktop to fit on these drawers. To our surprise the kitchen has arrived as two tall cabinets 500mm wide side by side with drawers at the bottom. Second picture is CAD diagram. Is there any way we can make the top part into single 1000mm cabinet(May be with some support)so that I can use it for intended purpose

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Léa+Box Interiors
    5 år sedan

Theoretically, I can't see why you couldn't join them together and remove the left/right hand sides so that you have a single open cupboard. Speak to a joiner/cabinet maker/carpenter. I bet they could do this for you. Your second picture doesn't show anything that I recognise - do you have something clearer???

Claire

Léa+Box Interiors

• Jonathan
    5 år sedan
    If you chop these carcasses about the inside of your pantry will always messy.
    The solution is to get a new 1000mm cabinet but reuse the doors and drawers. If you can get this from your kitchen supplier then it will match. If you are tight on time a carcass from somewhere else would be preferable to a botch of your existing cabinets.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    5 år sedan
    If you cut down the tall cabinets to base height and fit then under the worktop - then order a cabinet/carcase/ open shelving with sides, too and bottom that you can hang your top doors on to - with interior shelves as you desire from a supplier like www.jali.co.uk for example - this would need to be painted to match the rest of your furniture. The only possible problem may be that these doors will be higher than any other tall cabinets by the height of your worktops, so be aware of this.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    5 år sedan
    If you want to avoid the height difference you will need to omit the worktop, or use a narrower worktop within the top cabinet as a base to that top part . Or - if they are plain flat doors your installer may be able to trim and re edge the top.
  • Pancake
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Thanks for all the suggestions. For now carpenter has managed to remove the middle panels and make it broader on the top. It has left some unsightly appearance at the back which I’ll have to cover later. I’m now trying to find out if I can source matching shelves. May be use those panels for shelf . We have cancelled the worktop for larder.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.