lucy_willmott

White blinds, cream furniture help!!!!

Lucy Willmott
5 år sedan

hi I need advice with how to salvage the colour scheme in our living room. It is a north facing room with little light, our blind is pure white and furniture is cream, off white. I can’t help feel at the moment it looks a little off and the blind looks like a fresh pair of trainers straight out the box and out of place! what colours shall I paint the walls to make the two colours work together. Help! Xx

Kommentarer (6)

• Lucy Willmott
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi Claire, Thanks so much for your reply! we have just had the venetians installed so we would like to keep them and work round them if possible. I did consider shutters but didn’t fancy the expense. In regards to the brick feauture wall we actually wanted to change this for something else as it is very dark. I was thinking of painting the entire room white and then have a feature colour just on the chimney breast to inject some colour and depth in the room but wondered if the the cream fire place and furniture would then look out of place? I’ve attached a picture to give an idea but not necessarily this colour.

Thanks

• E D
    5 år sedan
    The first thing that struck me was the TV partly obscuring the window.
    Never a good look, to my mind, a tv in front of a window.

Can you move it into one of the alcoves?

There are some clever people here that can advise you on furniture layout, if you’re interested.
    I think if you can share a couple more photos showing more of your room, this would help them to help you.

Also with regards to colour choice.

I noticed some exposed brickwork. Is this wallpaper?
    Lucy Willmott thanked E D
  • E D
    5 år sedan
    Oh and I feel the Venetian blinds look fine.

I generally like their flexibility (and look) and directing the slats the right way or pulling them up will surely provide good light.
  • Lucy Willmott
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you. Yes it is wallpaper but we want to change it. I’ll attach some more photos.

• PRO
    Léa+Box Interiors
    5 år sedan

Yes, upload some more photos.

Understand you wanting to keep the blinds if they are new!!!! In that case clear the area around the window. Another option to consider is artwork. Needn't be expensive. Some inexpensive prints with colours you like would brighten the room. Also, depending on how brave you are, wallpapering the chimney breast with some colourful - even playful - wallpaper would also lift the room. Or, rather than white or grey, what about a new neutral such as coral or blush. Keep them very light. These colours would definitely add a dimension to the room, particularly if paired with a green patterned wallpaper on the chimney breast or in the alcoves (but not both). And they both go with cream.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.