mandapanda75

What would be a WOW backsplash in my kitchen?

mandapanda75
5 år sedan
As many of you know building/remodeling is a challenge. We are in the process of finishing up our home. Overall, I am pleased with how it is turning out. I tried my best when making selections, but it is hard to see the big picture when looking at samples. I saw the kitchen backsplash in today and let’s just say I was underwhelmed with my choice. In fairness, the house is dirty, we are not living there yet, and I have not seen my kitchen with the lights on. So, I might feel differently when we are living in the house. Also, I can probably live with it for awhile, but if I did change it what would be your suggestions? I have Fantasy Brown as my countertop. Here are some pictures I took today.

Kommentarer (18)

• PRO
    Inspiration Kitchen and Bath
    5 år sedan

I actually think it looks very pretty. I can not tell if it is grouted yet but if the grout hasn't been done yet, maybe pick a darker color to have some contrast. I would't change the tile, keep in mind you have to put your small kitchen appliances on the counter and you can add some nice kitchen accessories for interest. Right now it looks like a lot of tile... because the counters are empty. (IMO of course)

• Sue 430
    5 år sedan

I love my backpainted glass backsplash. Very simple and clean and beautiful!

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    5 år sedan

You could go with a more patterned tile but since this is all installed I would suggest doing some great items to sit on the counter. That will add decoration and your personality .

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    5 år sedan

A WOW backsplash would be too much with a WOW countertop.

AKA "Too Many Clowns":
    Florantha - "One clown is great entertainment, too many clowns and I go sit in another room; no clowns and I'm unsatisfied."

Thread :The tile that changes everything

Related thread :Only one clown

• User
    5 år sedan
    I would have add tiles with curves like these to compliment your countertops

Or maybe add some blue arabesque or Moroccan scalloped tiles
  • stillpitpat
    5 år sedan

I think the countertop is the wow. It's beautiful!

• tartanmeup
    5 år sedan

You chose well. Beautiful choice. I agree with Tatts. No contrasting grout.

• barncatz
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Agree with all those reassuring you that your backsplash was a lovely choice. Your countertop is an attention getter. Your lovely cabinets have a lot of rectangular pattern in both their door style and placement. That is softened nicely by the counter but I think a curved or patterned tile backsplash would be vertigo inducing between them.

For that reason, I also agree with matching grout. Your tiles have enough of a wave that you don't need grout to accentuate them.

When the appliances are in and it's a working kitchen, I hope you love it. You did good!

You know, I had one other thought. Don't know honestly if this is nuts, but you could try going up one more row of tile on the wall to the right and see how it looks.

• David&Sue Schoch
    5 år sedan

Hang in there as is. No contrasting grout. Your tile ads just the right amount of interesting texture. If you wait until all the appliances are in, add some good sized art on the right wall over that tile & then pull a color from that art into the accessaries. Think you'll be quite happy with what you have.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Minish Design
    5 år sedan

I'll add my name to the list of commenters who are encouraging you to stay the course. Let the countertops be the stars of the show. Your backsplash has texture. That will be quite enough when everything else is together. Nice job!

• Michelle misses Sophie
    5 år sedan

Echoing the above comments that you already have a Wow in your kitchen, and it's your counters.

The backsplash you chose is perfect for it, and please don't use darker grout. We used a handmade-look tile in similar dimension and color as well, and grouted as close to the tile color as possible - it's already got enough going on with the texture/irregularity, and dark grout is going to distract from that (plus draw your eye to the grout, rather than your overall kitchen and those counters).

• kodiac23
    5 år sedan

I like it. Use very similar groutcolor

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    5 år sedan

It looks great. Mid project self doubt is inevitable for non pros. Trust yourself. You done good.

• cpartist
    5 år sedan

I like your tile. I think the only thing I would have done differently was to pick up the gray/green color in the counter and do the backsplash in that color instead, but that's because I'm tired of white kitchens with white backsplashes. It's all personal preference.

• marylut
    5 år sedan
    You already have 2 wow factors, the countertop and the cab doors. Looks great with the tile backsplash. If you want color, add it with accessories.
  • daisychain Zn3b
    5 år sedan

Like others, I love your backsplash. Have you thought about taking it to the ceiling on that little wall with no upper cab?

• Irene Morresey
    5 år sedan
    Wow it looks great, stick with the backsplash, just add some nice bright decor if you feel you have to. Plants are beaut.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.