webuser_281219320

Help me choose a curtain please!!

Houzz-ID: 281219320
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

please help!! trying to get curtains for my living room and I can’t think of a colour that will compliment and not dominate the room. It’s a living dining room. The main wall has a light beige/cream damask wall paper and the rest of the walls are beige painted. Currently have a beige dining table and cream corner sofa is on its way (ignore the black in the picture). planning to put up a black wall mirror on the damask wall. I’m completely stumped and don’t want to overpower the room with too much cream and beige. Please help with any advice or tips, greatly appreciated x

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Hawthorn Designs
    5 år sedan

One suggestion might be to mainly stay with the beige cream theme that is already strongly established, but on the curtains add a strong colour border to either the leading edge or perhaps the bottom. This colour pop will add contrast to the neutral tones and depending on the colour will be vibrant or calming. That colour can then be used to help accessorise the room. I could see that an aubergine leading edge would be a great colour to start that process - more red if you want something a little zesty, whilst a deep blue would bring a more subdued tone.

Houzz-ID: 281219320 thanked Hawthorn Designs
  • minnie101
    5 år sedan

The beige seems to have a red undertone so I would work with that and use a little for cushions. Break up the warmth with a large plant. The curtains are Laura Ashley

• Houzz-ID: 281219320 thanked minnie101
  • R Hughes
    5 år sedan
    Love the wallpaper, very classical. Is this a patio door opening to the garden? How much natural light does the room get? These factors influence your choice of fabric eg if u get a lot of sun don’t get a silk material as the sun will damage it. If you don’t get a lot of sun go for a fabric that will help bounce light around eg something with a sheen. Get a fabric that doesn’t ‘bunch’ around the door otherwise it will get in the way as you enter and exit and get tatty. Think about the curtain fixings and the space available above the door and window. Think about the headings you like. In terms of colour, cream and beige are neutral colours (but be aware whether they are cool or warm shades) so you could compliment with colours blue-violet, red, cool blue green - if u buy a colour wheel from amazon (very cheap) you will see how best to pair colours. As curtains are expensive, buy these first and then choose accessories like mirrors as black is a statement and you need to be confident the colours will be complementary. The curtain factory in Finchley London used to offer good bargains. Best of luck.
    Houzz-ID: 281219320 thanked R Hughes
  • Houzz-ID: 281219320
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Wow thank you all so much for your excellent comments!! These are some great curtain ideas and advice on things to consider, that I would not have considered before but actually makes a lot of sense. I’ve ordered a variety of curtains now lol so fingers crossed we’ll find ’the one’.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.