brenda_como

help w/ mosquitoes?

Brenda
10 år sedan
We have a beautiful backyard with pool and pond but we need additional help with the mosquitoes, we would like to enjoy our yard at night.

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Terra Landscape and Design
    9 år sedan

Try attracting bats to your yard by installing a bat house. Each bat can eat up to 3,000 insects a night! Also, several plant species naturally repel mosquitoes by the aromas/odors the plants emit. Basil, Lavender, Catmint, Catnip, Ageratum, Geranium, Marigold, Horsemint, Citronella.

Good luck!

• bschr
    9 år sedan

Totally agree with attracting bats. I have a bat condo on my roof and never have a problem sitting out at night. However, I have to have the roof cleaned off once a year.

• InsectCop
    8 år sedan

As Terra Landscape and Design said try planting plants that are natural mosquito repellants around the perimeter of your yard or you can also try fogging your backyard with mosquito fogger, which is a very efficient way of getting rid of mosquitoes.

• User
    8 år sedan

Fire pits that burn wood are good, as the smoke chases the biters away. Bats are the best. If you can tolerate ugly, electric fans work very well, mosquitos can't fly well in a breeze. Setting up fans where the seating areas are can help, but you have to deal with extension cords. Spraying the yard with chemicals is a short term fix, and if your neighbors don't, you'll still get the bugs. If you haven't put fish in your pond, get some! They will eat the larva. Pet stores sell feeder goldfish, usually around 15 cents a fish, we've used them successfully for years (several lasted over a decade, and grew to be over 12 inches long!) Be sure to dump out any standing water, they breed in the smallest amounts (like bottle caps!) so tipping over containers and pails will help keep their populations down.

• lisabearsitall
    8 år sedan

I agree with Terra Landscape above. Attracting bats may not be a quick fix. If you need suggestions, look up Bat Conservation International (www.Batcon.org). They can help with how to build/buy a bat house for your specific geographic location.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.