nozdesign

Help! What to plant in these planters??

Noz Design
10 år sedan
I love container gardens, but also I love all plants. I'm lost with what to plant in the 4 Flintstone-esque planters I just got for my 3rd floor San Francisco (north facing) deck, but I'd love some easy-to-keep-alive ideas, as well as suggestions for small trees. All advice MUCH appreciated :) Thank you!

Kommentarer (8)

• decoratinglady5
    10 år sedan
    I love this dog!!!!!!!
    Noz Design thanked decoratinglady5
  • Rebecca
    10 år sedan
    Your dog is a hoot...what a cutie. Now, but back to your question as to what to plant in the "4 Flintstone-esque planters"...why not try some ornamental grass? They're pretty hearty, move beautifully in the breeze, come in a wide variety of colors/natural shapes and require little or no maintenance. You'll want to buy a variety that will suit your needs -- visually and esthetically. Some decisions you'll want to make considering your terrific view---Do you want to add privacy? Do you want to keep the lovely view in the distance? The bottom line is this -- your view is terrific -- you could plant dandelions and it would still be fantastic!
    Noz Design thanked Rebecca
  • decoratinglady5
    10 år sedan
    We got sidetracked by this cutie!!
  • hbmiller
    10 år sedan
    If you want to keep them low plant a few different ivys. They will always stay green and look fresh. I also love the ornamental grasses but they can get pretty tall depending on the variety
    Noz Design thanked hbmiller
  • Rebecca
    10 år sedan
    The ivy is a terrific idea
    Noz Design thanked Rebecca
  • PRO
    N.O.R,LLC
    10 år sedan
    I dont know much about plants but I have to say I love your view and your deck,enjoy it!
    Noz Design thanked N.O.R,LLC
  • PRO
    Ali Atri Photography
    10 år sedan
    Flintsones would have planted the prehistoric plants like Equisetum mixed with smaller Ferns. Your dog is such a character. :D
    Noz Design thanked Ali Atri Photography
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.