goozjc

How to pass building control?

J Z
4 år sedan
I have a similar property and I really like the way the space under stairs is utilized in this photo. But my architect told me I can't have the same because of building regulations. Hallway and stairs need to be separated from kitchen by fire door. Do you mind tell me how your project passed building control?
St Johns Wood · Mer info

Kommentarer (2)

• PRO
    DDWH Architects
    4 år sedan

Your architect is correct if your house is more than two storeys (as the one in the picture is). We installed a concealed fire curtain which drops down in the event of a fire alarm, to separate the kitchen and living area from the escape route. There is also the option of mist systems for non standard open plan layouts. We hope this helps! Regards Warren Howling

• J Z
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thanks Warren. That's really useful. I think I need to change architect because my current one is not willing to discuss options with me. I look forward to speaking with you. Jichao.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.