jade_davis90

3m by 2.2m big enough for a living room?

Jade Davis
4 år sedan

looking at moving my living room to the back of the house where the garden is. it would make it narrower but give me 2 clear walls foe a sofa and tv opposite (current living room has stairs/indent and 4 doors into it so hard for sofa/tv placement. If moving with the new design (attached) would 3m by 2.2m be big enough? any other thoughts?

Kommentarer (11)

• PRO
    Design and Build London
    4 år sedan

Hi this might be big enough, however it is a bit on the smaller side. It will depend whether you will be holding any parties or if this living space will be used by yourself (mainly).

• Jade Davis
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    They are communal stairs to the flats upstairs this is just a ground floor property the idea of having a small second bedroom was so that we could have 1 child there up to maybe 3 or 4 years old. It would still ideally only be for 2 adults and possibly 1 child.
  • Jade Davis
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    We never hold parties. occasional only 4 of us to dinner so ideally room for a 4 seater table (which we don't have now).
  • Sonia
    4 år sedan

It’s very narrow, but fine for a snug area. Do you need the study? If it’s not crucial you could remove that wall and have an L shaped living room, with maybe a desk/bureau in there. Is the bathroom your only bathroom? if It isn’t you could change it into a cloakroom to give you more space.

• Jade Davis
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    this is a ground floor flat so adding the bedroom was so we could have a child at this property and stay longer. this is our only bathroom also and ideally wanted to make it a bit bigger than what it is now.
  • Sonia
    4 år sedan

Ah didn’t realise it was a flat. Well I think it’s plenty for 3. When I was growing there were 6 of us in a 3 bed semi with a teeny tiny kitchen - we got by! :-)

• PRO
    ripplearch
    4 år sedan

Hi Jade, I would switch the living and bedroom. And remove the wall between current bedroom and kitchen to make a large open living and kitchen. Access bathroom from the current study room (in a corner). Remove the small wall next to ‘Dining’ table to remove the current circulation space. The trick is to keep the plan simple and remove any wasted circulation space. You can do so much with this. Please let us know if you need any help.

• Jade Davis
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    sorry note quite sure what you mean? Do.you mean the current double bedroom to switch to the living area? this would then mean not getting the garden view from any living area (if this is what you mean?) also to note the odd 0.8m but out wall opposite the stairs/storage in the current living room.is structural and have been told its very tricky to move it or knock it through as it's supporting the stairs up to 2 upstairs flats (hope that makes sense).
  • PRO
    ripplearch
    4 år sedan

Although it is not ideal not to have garden view into the living room, having the bedroom in the front of the house is not practical. How close is the house to the road? What about the road sound while sleeping in the front of the house? Also the bedroom too close to the kitchen. It just not feel natural progress of space. Now you enter into the flat through the living/ dining. With regards to the structure, you can always introduce a beam and have a bigger opening – not open completely (refer hatched in image). Also try and get light and ventilation at a higher level at kitchen (not sure what the existing heights).

• Houzz-ID: 954110128
    3 år sedan

Hi Jade, did you ever go through with this change? wondering if the size of the room felt ok and if you have any photos? thinking of doing something similar but struggling to find photos of something similar

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.