yvondag

Sherrill, Lee, Norwalk, Century & Bernhardt sofa quality

yvondag
4 år sedan

Hi all - I'm looking to replace my 15 yr old Sherrill sofa - I've been happy with them in the past and in fact am recovering two 20 yr old, small Sherrill wing chairs. Some stores have mentioned that Sherrill quality has gone down and I should consider Century or Lee. I've also looked at private labeled sofas made by Norwalk and Bernhardt - I'm sooo confused at this point. It is our main sofa and gets daily use. Do I have to spend $3000 on a new sofa?

Many thanks!!

Kommentarer (7)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    4 år sedan

Three thousand on a new sofa is less than what you'd pay at Pottery Barn or Room & Board, so, yes. You'd have to spend AT LEAST $3000 for a quality sofa, probably more like $5000 to $7000+ if you're picking your own fabric and you want it to last more than 5 years.

Century is going to be very expensive. Lee is good quality, but still reasonably priced.

yvondag thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • L thomas
    4 år sedan

We ordered our Taylor King sectional through Lexington Furniture in Kentucky. We used a lower priced fabric and it’s a simple two piece. Two seats and a corner in one piece- two seats on the other. We paid about $4k for it, which I thought was more than fair. We’ve only had it for a year and a half, so can’t speak to longevity. But so far, no complaints.

yvondag thanked L thomas
  • yvondag
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you all so very much! Great input and I guess I've reached the age where its sticker shock all around:) I'm not sure if the particular area of the country comes into play with regard to prices or not - I live in the Atlanta area and we generally have very good small design stores with reasonable prices. Its just been a while:) I really appreciate the input on the particular manufacturers! I'm going to look for a design shop that carries Taylor King and Century I think.

• mmilos
    4 år sedan

If you like the frame style of your current Sherill sofa, I would have it reupholstered. I agree with others on brand recommendations.

yvondag thanked mmilos
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år sedan

Re define "reasonable" or recover yours. Few things are the quality of 15 years ago. Sad and true

yvondag thanked JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    The Stated Home
    4 år sedan

I sell a lot of Lee and highly recommend, and I agree with everyone else here, if you want to purchase a sofa that will last, you'll be close to $3,000

yvondag thanked The Stated Home
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.