nmlondon

Cutting grass between the slabs

nmlondon
4 år sedan

Hello, how difficult would it be to cut the lawn grass between the stepping slabs? Really like your design but thinking of the ease of maintaining. Many thanks

Southfields Garden · Mer info

Kommentarer (14)

• nmlondon
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you very much!

• Nick Skelton
    3 år sedan

Beautiful garden. Which wood was used for the fence slats and what width are they?

• PRO
    Tom Howard Garden Design and Landscaping
    3 år sedan

Thank you. We used 45x20mm Meranti batons

• Nick Skelton
    3 år sedan

Thank you. And is that the actual colour of the timber or was a particular stain used?

• PRO
    3 år sedan

The photos were taken soon after installation so that is it's 'new' natural colour. It silvers very quickly with sun and rain. It can be treated with OSMO UV oil to retain its colour. All a matter of preference.

• Nick Skelton
    3 år sedan

Many thanks.

• Nick Skelton
    3 år sedan

Tom. Thank you for your previous help. I've now sourced Meranti for our project (I needed a lot of it!) and will be using the Osmo oil as we want to retain the colour.

Some suggest the Meranti should weather for some time (3-6-9 weeks?) before treating with the oil. My initial thinking was to treat it before we fix it, right from the start. What are your thoughts? Many thanks.

• PRO
    3 år sedan

Hi Nick. Pleasure. We usually do it about a week or 2 after installation (so long as it's definitely 99% dry). Leave it much longer and the wood will start to silver and you won't then retain it's colour. I'd treat it after fixing as it will be easier to apply and you'll use less of the oil.

• Nick Skelton
    3 år sedan

Thanks again. I'll check with the supplier about how dry it is and judge from there. Osmo say that we can use their Wood Reviver Gel product if the silvering has kicked in, so I guess it's a bit of a balancing act. You've been very generous with your time. Cheers. N.

• PRO
    3 år sedan

Not at all. We've applied the oil after 4 - 5 consecutive dry days. Of course now we are having damp nights but should be fine. Good luck!

• kevinhallettuk
    förra året

Hello Nick. I have just come across these photos and really impressed - what an amazing garden you have produced. It looks great.

It appears (and i may be wrong) but one side the battens have a space between them and the other side the battens butt up to each other. If so, I assume the latter was to provide privacy? I like that idea, but I am worried about shrinkage/expansion.

Is the wall behind the bench seat painted render?

• PRO
    förra året

Thank You! Might be the angle of the photographs but all the fencing has 7mm spacing to allow for expansion.

Yes - painted render behind the seating.

• kevinhallettuk
    förra året

Thank you Tom

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.