errol7177

pool and surround renovation

errol7177
4 år sedan

I am hoping for some planning advice on my pool reno.

Its an old eighties pool needing updating and the surrounding area needs concreting and good drainage before tiling or landscaping as storms in the past poured into the

pool and deck. You can just see some decking damage from rain in the photo.

Currently the area has garden against the house wall, (not good for termites), and pebble and paver paths.

The pool will have new coping, re-surfaced and lighting. Happy with the pool companies.

But.

Pool companies are licenced to build pools not drainage for a garden or path.

Some pool companies say they can do surrounds and others say landscaper or concreter.

I'm just not sure who is right and its a lot of money, over ten thousand without tiling or landscaping.

Can anyone advise of the sequence for trades please and personal experience or professional suggestions. How should I go about it.

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

You need to engage a lot of different trades that need to be co-ordinated. I would be looking for a builder who can project manage the plumber, the concretor, the tiler and the landscaper in the correct order that you need them, once you have your design professionally drawn up and detailed. By entering into a building contract with a professional builder then if anything does go wrong you have one party who is responsible for getting it fixed, rather than dealing with a whole lot of trades who will just point fingers. A good builder doesn't necessarily build, but project managers good sub-contractors, which is how they earn their money.

This is a photo of a similar pool renovation which was poorly done on the cheap with a lack of co-ordination, properly resolved design and lots of finger pointing by the trades involved. It needs to be redone from scratch.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• errol7177
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Could you re-send the photo you mentioned please Dr Retro and thank you

• siriuskey
    4 år sedan

That could almost be the pool we built back then, it was done by an incredible builder in Sydney, he handled everything and completed the concrete in ground pool within 4 weeks, good luck

• PRO
    OnlineWaterproofingShop
    4 år sedan

When renovating your pool the drainage should allow water to flow away from the external pool shell. If not ground water can contribute to delamination of the internal finish, reducing longevity of the finish.

• PRO
    Lisa Elliott Interior Design
    4 år sedan

I agree with Dr Retro - a good builder will project manage all the trades and ensure each task is coordinated so all interfaces between trades are considered. Great point regarding the contract.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.