mogarg

Beachy/coastal vibe

mogarg
4 år sedan

Have a beach house that we are closing on in a few weeks and need to decorate. Actually went and bought two beds yesterday.
Very different styles and the queen I love and wish I could have gotten it in a king size.
Was wondering if Houzzers could help with nightstands that could potentially go with the beds. Will post pictures and room dimensions.

Kommentarer (18)

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

King bed frame. Style of nightstands and possibly dresser.

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Queen bed frame .

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Decorate in hate, repent at leisure. Are you saying you wanted the metal bed, in king, for the master? If you're going to run around town grabbing items from a selling floor in speed style decorating, how on earth will anyone help you? Beyond light wood, or painted side tables with either bed, no need to buy matching dressers to side tables. Measure first. Get in the car, or click on Wayfair, I guess : )

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you Jan. I did buy in haste to some degree. But just trying to pick nightstands that will go with each bed.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år sedan

I find the first white bed huge for a not very big bedroom and the other one going into an even smaller room will be over powering IMO. So I would return them both.If you have to keep then with the second one Iwould do dresser type night tables and forget the dresser in the space. The first one maybe even do the same style night tables in white with maybe a distressed finish. Maybe something like these

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år sedan

On a 13 foot wall with a king bed, you want side tables of no more than 18 to 24 inches wide. Or it will be choked. No PANIC. A billion couples have king beds in the same space.

156 inches less 84 for bed with less 48 max for two side tables. Still 24 inches of "breathing" or a foot on either side to be exact. : ) Thirty six inches of walk space each side of the king in any case of tables.

No issue with the queen either. Stick to 18 inches width for those. All it needs to hold is a lamp, phone and water bottle.

But slow down. ......in any scenario

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you both for your advise

• Jeanne Cardwell
    4 år sedan

In a smallish bedroom I prefer a headboard only. Makes the room feel much larger.

• tqtqtbw
    4 år sedan

Here are some narrow tables for the rooms. I would do white with the white bed. The black in the top styles is sold out from this vendor. Be sure to check the mattress heights before getting the endtables so that they aren't too low.

Safavieh Maxine Accent Table w/ Storage Drawer, White · Mer info

Benzara BM154630 Rectangular Wood & Metal Nightstand, Brown & Chrome · Mer info

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you for the idea with the end tables

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Just an FYI. I know the picture for the king bed is reading white but it is actually a “light green” or called Sky

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Finished room

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

King

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Think it turned out well

• tqtqtbw
    4 år sedan

Beautiful! Your guests will love it!

• Stephanie Yudelson
    4 år sedan

Looks awesome! Do you mind my asking where you purchased your beds? Also if you’re still decorating, are you familiar with Serena and Lily? They are a very beachy/California style retailer and while not cheap, an item or two of theirs here and there can be the perfect finishing touch.

• mogarg
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Stephanie
    The beds are from RH. Love Serena and Lily stuff. There were a couple of items that I wanted to try in both rooms but pricey or found something cheaper or just a little more appropriate size size. Everything in the Queen room ( bed/dresser/ lamps/ art /linens / blinds/rug/ mattress etc came up to < $2000.). The King bedroom so far also < $2500. Not bad, I think :-)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.