emily_r_schatz

Beautiful! Why bleach walnut, and how does one achieve an even tone?

Emily Schatz
4 år sedan
I just read the story about this bathroom, and my attention was caught by the decision to bleach walnut instead of using a lighter-toned wood. What drove that choice? Having done a fair bit of wood finishing over the years, I'm curious about the process, and how one ensures that the wood bleaches evenly.
Boutique Ski Condo, Stowe, Vermont · Mer info

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    teri maher interiors
    4 år sedan

Hi. The clients drove the decision. They saw a piece of furniture with bleached walnut in a magazine, pinterest or here in Houzz and asked us about it. I had the same thoughts of "why not use white oak" but then the cabinet maker tested a piece and it came out beautifully. The grain on walnut is pretty unique. For questions about the process I would ask Pomerantz Woodworking. Thank you!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.