jacqueline_horgan

kitchen taps complementary design

Hi

I have 2 sinks in my kitchen. A prep one on an island and a Belfast sink. The taps I have already will be used for the prep sink and are very similar to first photo. I really like the traditional style taps for my belfast but having a different spout?? ( not swan neck) I worry it won’t work with the tap for prep sink. Plus all taps in price range all have ceramic handles on traditional styles which the prep sink does not. Can someone with a better design eye tell me whether these taps will work in same room or do I need to go for a traditional tap with Swan neck ( I prefer not to but they do have more options regarding no ceramic handles as well) Picture of kitchen- belfast is going next to the double cupboard to the r of window and prep sink is on end of island nearest to photographer

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Detail Movement Interiors
    4 år sedan

Hi Jacqueline, it depends on the whole design look of your kitchen. If the design of the cupboards complements the Belfast kitchen sink and traditional tap, your existing tap will feel the only thing "out of place". From a designer's point of view, it would be worth to switch to a traditional tap as well (to keep things consistent). However, this depends on your budget, your personal preference and want you really want from your kitchen. If you like the existing tap you have and feel it will work with everything else, then, by all means, go with that one (perhaps switch to have both taps look like the existing one - again, to keep things consistent). In the end, it is your lovely home, and you get to enjoy it the most. :) Hope this helps.

• Jacqueline Horgan
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thanks, I did think this but hoping for a different response. The taps we got with the kitchen were v good quality and high end. I already got my husband to allow me to swap one of them to the utility so I could get a more traditional style tap for the Belfast I don’t think I can convince him of two new taps especially as money is running down. I think I will opt for a 2 hole bridge but with swan neck to match the tap we have and when money is available I will look to swap for what I really want in future as I can get a traditional 1 hole tap that would match my preferred choice as well just not now!

• aliperry1
    4 år sedan

Sassyeawwwaw

• PRO
    Detail Movement Interiors
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Hi Jacqueline, you are absolutely right. You can opt for the same style as the existing one for a consistent look for now and in the future, you can always upgrade. The main idea is to have both taps be part of the same "story", otherwise, it would look too odd. Imagine having guests over and asking you why does one sink have a certain tap and the other sink, a completely different tap style.

But as I said above, in the end, it all comes down to your personal choice, as you will be using and enjoying the space. What do you feel would be the best option (something that will not bother you every day if you would see it)? I find that asking yourself this question will help in revealing the answer you were looking for. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.