bramblesltd

Pros and cons of Oceana glass bathroom and kitchen sinks.

KATE WEST
4 år sedan

Ready to make decisions for new home build and thinking Oceana for a secondary sink in kitchen island and 2 sinks in master bath. Has anyone had experience with these sinks?

Kommentarer (15)

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Yes, I understand! Going 16 gauge stainless double bowl for primary sink but the borosilicate glass is supposed to be strong as well as beautiful so could be nice for that secondary sink. Stainless is the fallback if I get negative reviews on Oceana.

• chiflipper
    4 år sedan

Consider installing light source in bath sink cavities as these sinks display their full beauty when lit from below. Bath yes, kitchen no.

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you!

• monicakm_gw
    4 år sedan

I have two Oceana glass sinks and love them. They're in two bathrooms and they are show stoppers :) One is 12 years old and the other is maybe 10. They seem indestructible. Both are under-mounted. I don't know about the light underneath. At least for my sink. It's the Crystal Reflections and you'd be able to see the drain pipes with a light under the cabinet. My husband's is Cobalt Copper. Don't think you'd be able to see the pipes with that one.

They are scratch, stain and thermal shock resistant and made for kitchen use but I don't think I've ever seen one actually installed in someone's kitchen.

I'm excited about having my California Drain Pop DOWN drain installed in my sink this week. I wanted this drain 12 years ago when the bathroom was remodeled but didn't realize it had to be special ordered and needed it NOW.

• stillpitpat
    4 år sedan

oh, we just got that drain in our bathroom sink! it's great!

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you Monica. Hearing you've had those sinks for 10 and 12 years is very encouraging. Hope to see some in person at a local showroom today. Will ask about those special drains that you and stillpitpat love.

• monicakm_gw
    4 år sedan

Hope it's not too late. It's "Zero Drain" Pop Down drain. California Faucets is who I ordered it from.

KATE WEST thanked monicakm_gw
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

I also had the Oceana sink in one of the bathrooms. (I've since went w/another design option). I had it for quite awhile and never had any issues with it. Although I think my son hit something against it and caused a slight fissure. it never leaked. It's a beautiful sink. easy to clean with Windex.

I did find an old picture of the bathroom w/the sink.

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you Beth! This is very reassuring. And I just found more info online about the "zero drain" pop up drains. What I can't find locally are the Oceana sinks...no one seems to have even one in their showrooms. Better make notes on all these suggestions, from lights to drains.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 år sedan

Here's their website w/dealer info

https://jsgoceana.com/product/15in-vessel-glass-sink/

just saw them on Wayfair. (the price has gone up considerably since I had mine!)

The black nickel kitchen sink is beautiful

https://jsgoceana.com/product/oceana-undermount-seconds/

Kate, about 12 years ago I had a custom glass blown sink done for our then master bath. (a guy in colorado did it. one of a kind ) It was beautiful. easy to care for too. Of course since it's an art piece the cost was a bit higher than the Oceana, but just thought you'd like to see it

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

That is gorgeous! Good to know it was easy maintenance too. And of course much more expensive than mass produced. I live near Asheville where potters and glass blowers would love commissions like a bathroom sink but as an artist myself I need some good sales just to afford Oceana!

• PRO
    Diane Plesset, CMKBD, NCIDQ, C.A.P.S.
    4 år sedan

Beautiful sink, but not appropriate for a kitchen. I agree with chiflipper that glass sinks and lavatories are drop-dead gorgeous when backlit. I've used step lights turned upside-down to achieve the lighting (like the powder room below). For a kitchen prep sink, you can choose stainless, quartz, or any other material. If it is truly a prep sink, it should have a drain large enough for a disposal. You can use a countertop-mounted air switch for the disposal. Good luck with your project!

KATE WEST thanked Diane Plesset, CMKBD, NCIDQ, C.A.P.S.
  • KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Beth, I spoke with Michelle at Oceana earlier and she tried to find showrooms near me but unfortunately no one has a sink on display. I can order sight unseen from a number of suppliers but would so like to see them in person first. Home Depot even has them. I got a very good price from Home Depot on Kohler's Dutchmaster Blush floral sink with a good return policy whereas ProSource Supply had it at a higher price with a 35% restocking fee. I guess it pays to spend a lot of time online researching these things.

• KATE WEST
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Hi Diane. Stainless for the kitchen sinks. Glass for the MB...with lights and zero drains. How remarkable it is to get such good input online. Houzz is really outstanding.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.