webuser_108788379

Grey bifold and windows

B B
4 år sedan
senast redigerad:4 år sedan

Hi, We're in the middle of a one storey extension with garage. We are having bifolds on the back of the extension and there a big window on the front. I want grey bifolds so think grey windows too but not sure whether to have have them grey on the outside and white on the inside as builder thinks grey on inside will be too dark. If I go with with white on the inside I'm worried this will look strange with the grey bifold (which is grey inside and out) We will be changing our existing windows to grey outside and changing the brick to match the brick on the extension. Any advice much appreciated, its driving me mad!! Thank you

Kommentarer (11)

• B B
    Författare
    4 år sedan

• B B
    Författare
    4 år sedan

• B B
    Författare
    4 år sedan

• Ellie
    4 år sedan

I have anthracite sliding door at end of my kitchen and I also have a white framed bay window in the same room. I think it looks good - the walls around the bay are also white so it doesnt make the bay stand. If the windows were anthracite then I don't think they would look right in the bay window with white walls around. So, I think it depends on the surroundings.

B B thanked Ellie
  • Sonia
    4 år sedan

My sister has anthracite sliding doors at the back and had all the other windows changed to anthracite and it looks great. Gives the house a fresh modern look. I don’t have a picture of hers but here’s one I found online.

B B thanked Sonia
  • PRO
    Chris Foley Architect
    4 år sedan

We have installed several windows/doors that are grey or black on the inside, have a look at our projects to give you an idea!

B B thanked Chris Foley Architect
  • PRO
    Emma Kewley at Interior Folk
    4 år sedan

I agree go with the same grey on the inside& outside, it won't be too dark, it looks far more contemporary and works well with modern palettes. Here are some grey doors we did for a project to give you an idea. Consider the placement of your lighting, it doesn't have to be a symmetrical grid but use it to light features.

North London Family House · Mer info

B B thanked Emma Kewley at Interior Folk
  • PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    4 år sedan

Hi, this is a very popular choice to have dual combination of white inside and anthracite on the external frames. It does brighten the interior if it is neutral, but we do also get clients go for the grey on the inside too. Here are a few projects - one showing grey on both sides of frame, and the other project with dual... hope this helps?

• minipie
    4 år sedan

Emma Kewley, please can you tell me what colour the Tv wall is in that picture? Could be just what i’m after! thanks!

• PRO
    Origin USA
    4 år sedan

Grey on both the inside and outside usually works very well, have you considered also having your bi-folds dual coloured so they're grey outside and white inside to match the windows?

It overall depends on the style inside of your home and what you're happy with.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.