michfschofield

what materials for the facade? what would you keep or change?

Michelle
10 år sedan
hi everyone. attached is an architect drawing of our new front facade - we are adding a third storey to our townhouse (existing building photo attached) and pushing forward the whole building by 1 metre.
The architect has suggested windows to run the whole height of the building and potentially either a wood (I'm a bit worried about upkeep) or a render finish.
I'd like some interesting - I'm worried that a simple brick or render finish may make the building look like an apartment block... so would love some ideas.
I'd also love feedback on the design - we only received one option and I really don't know how to judge whether this is an appealing design or not!
Many thanks!!

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Functional Steel Objects
    10 år sedan
    corrugated metal painted. where is the location?
    Michelle thanked Functional Steel Objects
  • Michelle
    Författare
    10 år sedan
    we're inner bayside in Melbourne, Australia - a couple of kilometres from the city
  • houssaon
    10 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 10 år sedan
    I think "render" is stucco in the US. Will the floors be visible? Here is one lots of glass:
    Chesapeake St. Residence · Mer info

Here are some photos to refer to:
    Elsie Street · Mer info
    Stein Residence · Mer info
    and
    Kaplan Wright House LA · Mer info

I think stucco and wood with the glass would really look good. One of the reasons I like the stucco option is because it seems the neighbors have it. So you house will not be a huge departure. Of all of the above photos I like the Elsie Street one, were there is wood between the floors. This wood is probably stained and should not present a major up-keep issue, since a good stain on a cedar should last 10 to 15 years, before it need to be redone.
    Michelle thanked houssaon
  • gemstar64
    10 år sedan
    I like the idea of the metal (run vertically). Low maintenance too and cool!
    Michelle thanked gemstar64
  • PRO
    Michelle thanked Dytecture
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.