houzzuk

Houzz Call: Show us your 'working from home' workspace

HouzzUK
4 år sedan

With much of the UK working from home, we'd love to see your workspace setups. Whether you're a seasoned remote worker or this is your first time, sharing photos can help to encourage each other and give us all some ideas and inspiration. Do you already have a home office, or has the dining table been claimed as your new desk? We'd love to know!

Please share photos of your workspace and any tips or advice in the comments below.

Kommentarer (70)

• Laura Russell
    4 år sedan

I have this lovely vintage bureau that doubles as my desk for occasional wfh days, but now I’ll be here for the foreseeable future, my company has kindly sent me an extra screen. I’ve had to drag this bistro table from the kitchen to get some extra desk space.
    But the sun comes in and keeps me warm in the mornings and I can practice guitar when I need a break from the computer.
    I’m trying to use this time to be calm and peaceful and to remain grateful for the privilege I have to be able to stay at home and wait this out.

• PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    4 år sedan

Fortunate that office is attached to house, although colleagues are working remotely. Only downside is office overlooks garden, so whilst I've no excuse not to work I can't go out to enjoy the weather!

96HR Extensions, remodelling & refurbishment · Mer info

• Angie
    4 år sedan

This is my wfh corner in our kitchen. It's usually just for occasional computer access as we mostly use the iPads but it's workable.
    This corner was a built in cupboard when we moved in but it was next to useless so we took it out so we could put the computer there. It also doubles as a TV in the kitchen if we want to watch something whilst cooking/eating.
    Good job hubby is retired or we'd be struggling!
    Angie

• Cat T.
    4 år sedan

My home working space used to be messy and facing a wall before the confinement. I was hardly even looking at it and preferred the comfy armchair or couch for the occasional work-from-home day. Few days into the lock down I realised that I'd end up with back pain if I continued, so I started using the desk. I quickly realised how much I was missing the light and occasional movement of passers-by, so I changed its position and added a few shelves. I feel so much better now in this space! :)

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

I moved the piano down the side to make room for 'the office under the stairs'.

• E D
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

That’s quite a boldly coloured piano!

Is it red? Orange?

• Lesley Cyster
    4 år sedan

Room with a view

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

E D, it's pure, classic orange

• User
    4 år sedan

@Harriet I love the piano. Any more pics of it??? Where can you buy an orange piano???

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

It's an heirloom! 😉 No idea where it came from originally. I'm proud to be the current custodian!

• E D
    4 år sedan

And how does it sound? 🎶

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

Depends who's playing it!

• E D
    4 år sedan

Best answer! 😊

• E D
    4 år sedan

But, does it get tuned now and again?

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

Yes, every so often. I wish I'd done it before the lockdown. It could do with it now

• PRO
    Sophia's Gardens
    4 år sedan

I mainly work from home, in a 1930s semi with bay windows. This is my sit-stand desk, my huge monitor, and best of all, my constant companion Hamish (although he's a bit demanding and sheds hair all over my keyboard!). His bed is over the radiator, so he's very cosy. I get a Westerley view over the County Durham landscape :).

• winter2120
    4 år sedan

Loving all the photos of all tables being used up. I'ts the same here with 4 kids and 2 adults all at home. We are managing (sort of!). Biggest help has been buying a TP-Link DecoE4 at www.smarterhomestore.com to ensure everyone gets a bit if Wifi as we are all on at the same time. Check them out if you are having coverage issues. Next problem is cleaning the house - so much clutter including books and screens in all rooms... I don't know where to start when it gets to Saturday Spring Cleaning. Maybe I wont start at all! Stay safe and StayAtHome all.

• Harriet
    4 år sedan

Make sure they all help you! Divide the house into zones and assign responsibilities!

• Tracey
    4 år sedan

I sometimes work from home, and usually hook my laptop up to my daughter's streaming screens in her snug. as she's home from uni, I brought my second screen home from work, and brought this little desk down from the guest bedroom into our snug, so I can look out of a window. I often burn a candle when working from home. I have a backrest on a dining chair, as I had a back op last year. I can highly recommend them. Only £15! I have a sheepskin, as it's just more comfortable. Flowers are optional!

• Rob Potter
    4 år sedan

Working from the dining table nowadays.

• E D
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

And just signed a contract worth £12. Well done Rob. 😆

But seriously, your workspace looks nice!

• Jules Mc
    4 år sedan

If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
    Love that Tracey 😊

• Daisy England
    4 år sedan

This is my office now. My PC is on the other top but part of my office has now been turned into a sewing room as I’m currently a volunteer for a FB sewing site that volunteers to sew items for the NHS, Care Homes and Keyworkers. When I joined it (might as well as I can sew and our business is on shut down due to Government restrictions) there were under a hundred volunteers. Now 2 weeks in we are a group of around 400. It’s so well organised with sewing, knitting, button sewers, tape threaders all having roles. We’ve made 1000s of scrubs laundry bags, face masks, mask extenders, headband extenders, and scrubs.

• Patrina
    4 år sedan

Wow @Daisy England what a selfless gift you are giving to the health services and this country. Thank you.

• E D
    4 år sedan

@Daisy England 👏👏

• Sonia
    4 år sedan

A heart of gold. Well done Daisy 🙏

• Daisy England
    4 år sedan

Aww thank you all. Just makes sense. I hate having nothing to do so am very happy to help. I think aprons are next on the list.

• David Gray
    4 år sedan

Literally just had the window converted to french doors so a nice bright garden outlook

• Helen Keown
    4 år sedan

Got my label machine so I’ll get going tomorrow! I only work well when things are in place.

• PRO
    Cole Architecture
    4 år sedan

• PRO
    Cole Architecture
    4 år sedan

I always work from home, but my desk isn't always so tidy!

• Charlotte Anne Studio
    4 år sedan

Well, it's often cluttered, full of plants but it's cozy and has beautiful countryside views being an attic room and I love it. I practically live in it most of the time!

• Patrina
    4 år sedan

Looks fantastic @Cas Smirthwaite. Love the plants 😁

• E D
    4 år sedan

Lovely workroom, Cas.

You mention your beautiful views... there happens to be a thread about views, go on, show us yours. 😊

• Charlotte Anne Studio
    4 år sedan

Thanks guys, I was going to post the views but there are so many amazing pictures on that post that images of the fields from my window just aren't as exciting as those!

• Gareth Aldridge
    3 år sedan

Hi all! first post ever so go easy on me. How about this for simplicity. When the sun is out this is the only place I want to work from. Sadly, today it's raining, so it's back to the dining room. Feel very fortunate to have any sort of outside space to enjoy at the moment, feel very much for those who don't. Stay safe all x

• Joe Bloggs
    3 år sedan

I work from home most of the time and I am lucky enough to have a small study at home. Ikea's Micke desk range was the perfect fit for my requirements. This setup has worked for me for 3 years now.

For my workstation:
    Ikea Micke desk 105x50 + Granhult 80x20 shelf with Capita legs + Flintan office chair

For home schooling + homework:
    Ikea Micke desk 142x50 + Micke Drawer Unit 35x75 + Skalberg chair

Still have space to fit in a Ikea Billy Bookcase (not in picture).

I also use Magic Whiteboard A1 sheets on 3 of the walls. With 3 years of experience with these I can suggest these pointers:

Suggestion:

1. Overlap sheets by half an inch when combining them to make sure you don't accidentally write on the wall when moving from one sheet to another, as the sheets sometimes lift while moving from one sheet to another.

2. Draw a border near the sheets. This will help in not marking the walls when you erase stuff as the eraser will stay inside border and will not touch the wall.

3. Use a wipe to erase stuff at the end of the day.

• natashahall1
    3 år sedan

2 weeks before lockdown I did this. Great space to work but hubby not happy with the amount of time I spend on the phone! He’s gone to work in another room.

• PRO
    Poppy Noble Interior Design
    3 år sedan

Both myself and my husband are Interior Designers so having a space to lay drawings and samples out was important. Our single spare bedroom is now our office.
    We managed to fit our old dining table into the room which is a great size to hold two computer screens.
    I quite like our eclectic mix of furniture, it’s amazing how you can turn a room into something completely different. It’s also lovely to look out of the window too!

• PRO
    misch_MISCH studio
    3 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 år sedan

Being fortunate to work remotely from the home office & the office; I came to the lockdown ready. I added heels only because I miss them!

Check out the blog we wrote with DESIGN TIPS on how to make your own NURTURING HOME OFFICE that will spark your creativity & productivity. [all budgets can take something out of it, including a sense of wit to keep on smiling]

HOW TO CREATE INSPIRING HOME OFFICE during & after the lockdown

Leave me a comment in the blog: curious to hear on tips you'd like to know

Mischa

mMx

• E D
    3 år sedan

Ooh, impressive heels... 😆

• PRO
    misch_MISCH studio
    3 år sedan

thanks, couldn't let the dust set in these :)

• Adwoa Opoku Agyemang Adwoa
    3 år sedan

work and happiness. fitst work setup

3 år sedan

fantastic

• jasmine_west39
    3 år sedan

Lots of light

• nualanev
    3 år sedan

Moved into the spare room with a pasting table...

3 år sedan

fantastic

• PRO
    My Bespoke Room
    2 år sedan

So many more of us are now permanently working from home and so now is the time (if you haven't already) to create a proper office space. Need inspiration? We've got you covered: https://www.mybespokeroom.com/explore/home-office-design-ideas

• PRO
    The Living House
    2 år sedan

We recently transformed one of our customers home office/guest bedroom. It’s now a calm working space which is stylish that also accommodates guests with a sofa bed😊 here’s the link for the before and after! https://www.instagram.com/p/CaiA9qsL4AB/?utm_medium=copy_link

• PRO
    Walk Interior Architecture & Design
    2 år sedan

Garden studio - interiors · Mer info

we went for the full-on garden studio

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.