nadiabyoung

Orange fireplace

Nadia BY
3 år sedan

We have recently redecorated our bedroom (which was originally a lounge) and are struggling to tie the scheme with accessories and art work. I think the main problem is the orange fireplace. It's an original 1930s hand dipped glazed tile arch fireplace. The surround was black and have spent a long time sanding it back down to what looks like an oak beneath. We dont use the fireplace and dont intend to. Is there a possibility to paint it in a manner that can be removed at some point in the future if desired? Or is there a scheme that would work with orange (it's my least favourite colour!). 

I would really appreciate some suggestions. 

Kommentarer (11)

• Sonia
    3 år sedan

It looks like pine to me, so I would paint it white. The tiles are lovely and you will probably find they will just “go” with the room. I painted mine white and it looks so much better.

• Nadia BY
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Your fireplace is lush! I think it's more the tile colour I dont like and not the wood.

• Nadia BY
    Författare
    3 år sedan

See up close photo, the file is mix of maroon and orange which I don't love...

• minipie
    3 år sedan

Ah it’s the tiles you don’t like. I don’t see them as orange, more as reddish brown, rust kind of colour. Which is very fashionable at the moment! Have a look at accessories in rust, terracotta, wicker, oak and you may find it all comes together.

Alternatively, you could look at vinyl tile stickers to cover it up (can easily be peeled off later) but the ones I’ve seen are designed for square tiles and it would be very tricky to get it looking neat round the arch.

• jenmason014
    3 år sedan

Lovely linen at secret linen store, just brought out a new colour ,stripe spice ,a cotton and linen mix. Minipie is right those colours are very in at the moment.

• Sonia
    3 år sedan

If it’s the tiles you hate then you could paint them or, as minipie suggested, you could cover the tiles with stickers. Here’s some examples

• PRO
    My Claybrick Home
    3 år sedan

Hi Nadia, I think if you start to 'dress' the room you won't notice the colour of the tiles as much. have a search for earthy bedroom accessories. I found this seller on etsy that has some great abstract art that I think would look great in your room

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NovemberPrintableArt?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=777064854

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/777064854/boho-art-set-of-3-pieces-abstract-shapes?ref=pla_similar_listing_top-1

You could also go for a large potted plant on the hearth to cover up some of the colour.

Hope that helps

Vicky

• PRO
    Hampstead Design Hub
    3 år sedan

Hi there! Dear Nadia these are some ideas how to transform your fireplace into a focal point of the room. You can arrange white pillar candles of varying heights, or fill the opening to your fireplace with shelving, and use them to organize and display your most favourite books and paint the surroundings in white and give a room impressive and clean look

• E D
    3 år sedan

Hampstead, are you suggesting OP take out the tiled parts?

• Juliet Docherty
    3 år sedan

Conker browns, paprika, terracotta etc are really popular at the moment. If you were to add a tiny bit of something similar somewhere in the room it would help it to make sense. it doesn't have to be exactly the same, just similar. Such as this bobble trim which could be attached to the bottom of the blinds. I actually like the fireplace, it adds depth.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.