jhiggi

Has anyone got experience with Naked Doors / Ikea front companies?

jhiggi
3 år sedan

Hello!

We are looking to go for Naked Doors on the Ikea Metod kitchen.

This came out so much cheaper than eg the DIy kitchens equivalent but my concern is arond eg delivery times / they dont deliver everything we need / messing up the order somehow.

Also is going for their standard colour a silly idea - if eg they chip, I cant colour match to fix it? any help would be SO appreciated

Kommentarer (25)

• Daisy England
    3 år sedan

Can’t help with advise other than to say delivery times at the moment are dreadful. We are waiting 4 months for solid surface worktops and upstands. There has been a distinct lack of production during Covid and manufacturing is still not back up to the normal output. You need to allow for such delays. Everyone has to at the moment.

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

oh goodness thank you. that is insane. where are you getting your worktop from?

im so nervous of ordering wrong parts etc and being stuck with delays but as against eg DIY kitchens, Naked Doors were so much cheaper (wiht ikea metod behind as carcass)

• Daisy England
    3 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 år sedan

We are a kitchen company supplier. It is truly dreadful at the moment getting supplies. One of our made to order size door suppliers sent an email out yesterday to say anything from a certain range would now not be available until 2021.

Plan ahead and once you’ve decided get it ordered. If it’s available buy it.

Carcases for us are a long delivery time as there is a lack of the material to make them with.

• Juliet Docherty
    3 år sedan

Just be aware of the ikea Metod dishwasher issue, their carcasses are only compatible with ikea dishwashers which are not the best. I had big issues with this.

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

thank you all that is so interesting re the dishwasher issue. thanks again. not sure where to go! trying to get everything under £10,000 and its proving difficult...

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 år sedan

Have you looked at online retailers - like DIY Kitchens, Unitsonline and Classic kitchens direct ? We do a lot of designs for people buying form these companies .

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thanks one plan - I looked at diy kitchens they just came in a lot more than the ikea + naked doors quote. I also find their online planner SO difficult!

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 år sedan

Yeah - lots of people do - hence they come to us ! They have quite a varied price range ? Not anything there that suits ?

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

I have just sent you a message!!! thank you! would so appreciate your thoughts.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 år sedan

Answered it this morning !! :-).

• pjdklm
    3 år sedan

And oh- I absolutely love having the ikea kitchen, especially the fact I can add / change things as I think of improvements. Since the initial installation, I’ve added quite a few internal drawers and extra shelves.

• Laura
    3 år sedan

How big is your kitchen? How many cupboards? £10,000 seems a decent budget

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

I'm not sure as Ikea messed up the first quote and our contact is now on holiday and I cannot get another appointment for a while.... its all a bit of a mess

• jhiggi
    Författare
    3 år sedan

I'm a bit concerned naked doors are a bit rogue looking at some strange comments online - although they could be competitor reviews etc . Does anyone else have any advice on a kitchen company for bespoke doors on ikea carcass? or any other good kitchen co? DIy kitchens cant do it until 25 jan which is too late. we like the grain finish and Howdens and Wren we looked at werent quite as "natural" looking as we had hoped.

• tanya817
    3 år sedan

@pjdklm I've been looking everywhere for reviews of the ikea grey lerhyttan doors... can you tell me how "grey" they are? and in terms of finish, how do they compare to the foil wrapped doors? what colour flooring/ worktops etc have you gone for? as all the stores are shut at the moment I can't go in to look at anything in person... I've ordered a couple of door fronts but delivery isn't until the end of the month.

• berrecka
    3 år sedan

My experience of ikea kitchens is this: last year we bought our utility room from Ikea. standard enough 5 × 250 height cupboards and 4 × drawer units with a sink and inegrated fridge. it took my carpenter and his apprentice 3 days to fit it and he had to replace tonnes of missing parts, including drawer fronts, himself. but now that it's all in, it works and looks great, though a lot flimsier than the kitchen units which the carpenter made himself. Also, our kitchen ended up being far cheaper than the utility per unit, and far better quality.

• mylenebresson
    3 år sedan

Hi jhiggi, I was wondering if you ended up ordering from Naked doors. I'm considering it at the moment... Would love to hear from you if you have any feedback. Thanks

• Jacky Potts
    3 år sedan

Hi, we replaced all our doors and drawer fronts using hotdoors.co.uk. Not sure where you are based but they have a showroom in Sawbridgeworth. Over the moon with the transformation.

• George Hutton
    2 år sedan

Ive used both Naked Doors and Naked kitchens for a few projects now and the results have been great theres such a massive difference in quality with anythijg else ive looked at deliveries have always been on time, and they are a real pleasure to deal with my latest plot used their ladbroke handle with a brass backing against a super dark blue colour and the house sold within days

• mylenebresson
    2 år sedan

Amazing George! Thanks for the update, it’s much appreciated. I’m going for the Ladbroke too. Any chance you could share some pictures? unless they are already on their instagram page...

• George Hutton
    2 år sedan

hi mylene, ill have a look tonight and see if there any on my pc but we sold the house so i cant take any new ones sorry for my next plot im going to get a really dark almost black with aged copper backs which i think will look sensational they are making me a sample so when i get it i’ll post a photo of that

• PRO
    Naked Kitchens
    2 år sedan

Hi George. Thanks for letting us know about this thread and thanks for the review. There are some rogue comments online from posters who have never actually used either Naked Doors or Naked Kitchens, so we can only assume they are competitors which is a shame, but that’s the internet for you. Really glad to hear the houses are selling well. Thanks again, Jamie

• PRO
    Naked Kitchens
    2 år sedan

Hi Mylene,

Thanks you for your interest in Naked Doors! We have a number of photographs of the Ladbroke handle design on the Nakedkitchens.com website;

https://www.nakedkitchens.com/kitchens/portfolio/clarence

https://www.nakedkitchens.com/kitchens/portfolio/long-acre

https://www.nakedkitchens.com/kitchens/portfolio/the-royal-mile

https://www.nakedkitchens.com/kitchens/portfolio/kitchen-innovation

and of course our Instagram feed.

If you want anything further plese do contact the office and we would be delighted to help.

Thanks again for your interest in Naked Doors and best of luck with the new kitchen!

Yours

Jamie

• George Hutton
    2 år sedan

No problem jamie G

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.