webuser_116987357

Suggestions for a more modern look

The Guy
3 år sedan

New construction. Any suggestions for giving the exterior a more modern look?

Kommentarer (17)

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    3 år sedan

What does more modern mean to you? This is clearly a 2020 ‘modern farmhouse’ with the usual mix of materials and colors that fit that trend. Is that what you want? I like simpler more classic compositions so I would get rid of the picture window lower left (the only one on the entire composition), get rid of the one wall of stick on stone, paint everything one color, and make sure first and second floor windows relate to each other. But that’s me.

The Guy thanked HALLETT & Co.
  • Houzz-ID: 187528210
    3 år sedan

I think it looks good. Is this just the rendering ? Or is built already? I’d remove the stone. Possibly repaint it black and white. Do a bigger door and no screen door. Other than that less round landscape. Stick to two rows a boxwoods for now. Maybe put some flowers in the summer...

• decoenthusiaste
    3 år sedan

Farmhouses aren't a "modern" conception except when you paint them white and use black windows, IMO.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 år sedan

I am confused . If you wanted a modern house why did you build this one? Now no grids in the windows no mix of siding colors no stone black windows actually a new house if modern is what you want.

• Houzz-ID: 187528210
    3 år sedan

Agreed with decoenthusiaste
    An easy way to get the black and white look is to just paint the trim especially around the windows black

• shivece
    3 år sedan

Looks good to me as is. I could take or leave the stone.

• PRO
    Barbara Margolis
    3 år sedan

remove the muntins from the windows. Paint the remaining frame black with white exterior trim staying as is.

• felizlady
    3 år sedan

While I am hoping that the gray fad and Covid-19 will both end by April, I think your house looks beautiful as it is planned. The windows upstairs and downstairs don’t have to match-match, and your windows are all well-balanced: I would not change them. The gray with crisp white trim is classic. While the style is not “modern”, it is very attractive and not old-fashioned at all. I think you need a few more trees in your large front yard.

The Guy thanked felizlady
  • PRO
    Norwood Architects
    3 år sedan

I agree with others - the facade does look fairly modern farmhouse. The board and batten could be rendered in corrugated metal siding.

• RedRyder
    3 år sedan

Not loving the stone near the front door, and I would opt for a door you can paint. A happy color (lemon yelllow?) would really be pretty. And when you’re tired of it, you can repaint it. I think the lines of the house are lovely.

• The Guy
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thanks for all the feedback. The pic is just a rendering, construction has yet to begin. When I say more modern I mean modern farmhouse or more of a current/trendy look as opposed to truly “modern“. I like that the majority of the feedback is to ditch the fake stone. That will save a little $. I think I would put the light gray horizontal siding in place of the stone at the front door. Also need to decide if we want light gray or dark gray siding on the sides and rear of house. I was also given renderings with bands but not sure I like them?

• Design Girl
    3 år sedan

Typical modern farmhouse - I agree to get rid of the stone. I also don't like the left first floor window as it does not relate to the other windows at all. I'd change that. The little square window on the garage looks out of place. That's not the place for that window.

• The Guy
    Författare
    3 år sedan

What do you suggest in place of the little square window on the garage if anything?

• PRO
    PPF.
    3 år sedan

The Guy thanked PPF.
  • The Guy
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thanks PFF. We are going to stay with the small front porch. I like the the look of only having the band in the right side.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 år sedan

Details from modern farmhouse styles

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.