angielew1309

Bathroom Marble Walls & Floors

angielew1309
10 år sedan
senast redigerad:6 år sedan

Hi, I am in a dilemma - there are many views against having marble for walls and floors in bathrooms. Some say difficult to maintain (for walls), some say floors will be slippery. I am planning to have polished marble throughout but brushed in shower floor area - or should I opt for brushed throughout? Please advise.

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Vogel Builders, LLC
    10 år sedan
    Marble is beautiful on walls and floors. Can it be slippery? Of course, but so can tile and stained concrete. On your shower floor, I would recommend either a "brushed" or a smaller mosaic to give you some grip. I would also recommend sealing it immediately. Here are a couple pictures of a marble bathroom I remodeled a few months ago. It is marble floors, wainscoting, vanity tops and backsplash. Be prepared for some color variation as well. All polished except for the mosaic on the shower floor.
  • kitasei
    10 år sedan
    i would discourage you from having marble floors having just installed one myself. An upstairs bedroom bath where no one wears shoes could work, but my downstairs bath, where everyone wears shoes, always looks wet and filthy. I wish I'd used a dark porcelain tile!
  • PRO
    Stone Amperor Pte Ltd
    6 år sedan

Marble are both non-porous thus it would cause etching and corrosion. Besides that, marble are high maintenance materials.

• Marble requires proper care and maintenance. Acid should never be used on marble as it shall loose its shine. Marble should be regularly polished over a period of time to give it a new look. If proper precautions are not taken the marble becomes yellowish in colour.
    • Italian marble is usually very soft and prone to cracks. Proper resins have to be used to make the surface strong and solid and avoid further cracks.
    • Proper sealants should be used in marble flooring as the marble is highly porous and prone to staining. It absorbs stains very quickly especially kitchen stains hence are not appropriate for kitchen counter tops.

In the long run, wooden looking tiles (made of porcelain or ceramic) would be more practical. You can also consider marble looking quartz. You may check out the D & L series of iQuartz range. If you're based in Singapore you may call Stone Amperor in +65 87879029 for more information. If you're based in Malaysia you may contact AmpQuartz in +6017-7320149 for more information.

• PRO
    Metallic Epoxy Singapore
    4 år sedan

Hi @angielew1309, here is a short read into marble and is it the best material for your home: https://www.metallicepoxy.sg/is-marble-the-right-material-for-your-home/

Hope it helps!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.