robinsonhm

what to put above the range wall?!

robinsonhm
3 år sedan

Right, this is something that I’ve been back and forth so many times over and cannot decide what will look right- everyone in my family can’t agree!

We are near the end of an extension and a dark green (copse green) kitchen with antique brass hardware. I cannot decide on the splash back behind the range- should I go with the obvious and place quartz to match the work surface, or antique (mottled) mirror which was my original plan (now been told it’ll look too boudoir! 😬) or shall I be brave an go for a quiet brass tiles ?! Gah!

Kommentarer (6)

• Daisy England
    3 år sedan

It’s a difficult call. That green is stunning with brass handles. Sorry I can’t help because all of your ideas/suggestions are good.

• PRO
    AliceKami Design Studio
    3 år sedan

Hi, the copse kitchen sounds great (one of my favorite colors for the kitchen:)) and your ideas are interesting too! I'd advise to go for the quartz though as it would look fab 100% with the dark green and the brass hardware..

The brass tile with the brass hardware it might be overwhelming while the antique mirror it might make the look too rough.

Hope the photos help you to visualize the look! :)

• minnie101
    3 år sedan

Do you have a picture of the tiles?

its difficult to say whether antique glass will look blingy as it depends on the other elements to the room. My brother has AG behind a range, this isn’t his, but it has the same features so it’s definitely not “boudoir” 😂 . It’s useful for bouncing a bit more light plus you can sort of see what’s going on in the room rather than have your back to people.

Some form of textured tile may also look nice (the kitchen sounds gorgeous anyway though!)

• PRO
    Run for the Hills
    3 år sedan

Hi there. We love a dark green kitchen, especially with brass accents! We think that either option would work- fresh quartz would keep things lovely and bright, but we also love a touch of drama and antique mirror is a fab way to do this! There are so many different types of antique mirror you can choose from- really vintaged/mottled, or lightly antiqued. We would suggest ordering samples (These guys have fab options- https://antiquedmirror.com/collections/finishes which we have used in projects and they look amazing) and then pop some photos back on here of the samples in situ if you want some further advice :)

• robinsonhm
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thank you for all the replies and advice- I’ll also get some samples ordered @Run for the Hills so thank you so much for that.
    I’m now thinking that the brass (image was what I had in mind)would be a bit dark- esp when I’m paranoid the space may become too dark given the copse colour anyway. So mirror or quartz it is, still in the balance! These are the pendant lights on order so hoping the antique brass would still go ok with them ....

• Sonia
    3 år sedan

Quartz every time. Much as I love tiles in all their forms, I think the quartz will be classy.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.