webuser_204521890

height placement for cabinet hardware?

Sarah Do
2 år sedan

Hi,

I am having these installed on the upper/wall cabinets today (drawers are getting something else). I’m supposed to meet the installer to tell him where. Is there a standard distance from the bottom and from the open side for placement? Are there pro/cons to certain placements. The cabinets will start 18” above the counter. Also, the cabinets are 46” in height.

Kommentarer (9)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

Is the door a "slab"? No trim? Then put it where it is comfortable, approximately 1 1/2 to 2" up and 1 1/2 inches to 2" in...........from lower edges.

Why "something else" on lowers? Why? Same style, adjust sizing depending drawer size......and single pull on a drawer.

• Sarah Do
    Författare
    2 år sedan

JAN MOYER, yes doors are a slab. Lower drawers are all getting edge pulls. The handles stick out farther and we have a small galley kitchen and I wanted the least amount of projection from the drawers.

• Sarah Do
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Top pic is the edge pull going on the drawers

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 år sedan

# different types of hardware IMO at least one too many . As for placement I use painters tape to figure out what works for placement and it should be where it feels natural to pull and BTW never 2 pulls on a drawer just a longer pull . As for saving space most pulls do not project past the edge of the counter so not really an issue

• Sarah Do
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Patricia thanks. Only using two types. The others were options but we ruled them all out. Also agreed on 1 only. Drawing was from cabinet ppl but not doing what they suggested. Do you think 2 is too many?

• Sarah Do
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Sorry rephrasing: one pull per drawer. Two styles total bc drawers and cabinets will have different styles.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

Too late now. I'd have done knob upper, and the edge pull lower.......in sizes appropriate to drawer width .

No pull really extends beyond counter, and the USUAL annoyance is a bar pull with open ends...catching on pant pockets .

Or just use the closed pull....and get more. What size? Your drawing has no dimensions : ) and 18" above counter/hang for uppers is standard.

It's common to over think a space. Might be the case , here.

• PRO
    Rosenhaus Design Group, Inc.
    2 år sedan

For upper cabinets handle placement: On each door draw a diagonal line from inside lower corner to outside upper corner. Place bottom of each handle on those lines. Make the open distance between them 3-1/2" to create the universally pleasing 62% golden rectangle proportion with the 5-1/2" handle. This takes the guess work out of eye-balling it.

• Sarah Do
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Yes, agreed that I am overthinking it lol. That’s how my entire renovation has been. We have the mushroom knobs too, but they seem so small compared to such a tall door (we have 9 foot ceilings and the upper cabinets go almost all the way to the ceiling). For some reason I hate the way the closed bar looks on the “slab” drawers.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.